Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to this forum, but am seriously interested in the LWB version of the new Santa Fe. Awesome looking vehicle and love all the features. I am currently an owner of a 09 Toyota Highlander Sport, and am in the market to replace it in the next 6 months or so. I have assisted my parents in their purchase of two Santa Fes, their current one being a 2011. They have had few issues and love the vehicle.

I don't know if Hyundai has folks that scour the web as means of seeking feedback on their products (I know other manufacturers do and get actively involved in forum discussions) but I figure I would start this thread for folks to list what they would like to see (or not) in the new Santa Fe (Long wheel base) and Santa Fe Sport. Hopefully it's not too late the coming models.

Perhaps a moderator could send an email to Hyundai USA/Canada and point them to this forum???

I suggest we keep posts short and sweet, and focus on posting your "ASKS", and please identify whether your "asks" are directed towards the Santa Fe or the Santa Fe Sport or both. Let's avoid comments on quality etc, because I think it's obvious that we all want top notch quality and problem free vehicles. Focus should be on features.

So, let me begin with a few initially, but I will likely come up with more once I give this more thought:

Santa Fe (Lwb)

- a telescoping steering wheel that has a good extension range (being 6'4", I have to put seat all the way back, and having a steering wheel that has little telescoping range often results in very uncomfortable driving position - ie arms extended straight) This has been and will continue to be a deal breaker for me.

- Nav system. Please use better maps than current and make them easy (ie. USB to update at a REASONABLE price (my father's 2011 cannot find his street in a suburb community even though it has been there for 5 years!!)

- automatically folding side mirrors (the new Sorento has them!!)

- soft touch materials in the interior that don't scratch

- PLEASE make sure the leather is not orange as per pics on the web, and more of a brown tone

- a excellent sounding premium audio system...so many premium OEM systems are absolutely horrible when compared to an aftermarket deck at 1/3 the price.

- factory dark tinted glass - 2nd row, 3rd row and hatch

That's it...for now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Luck 11
I agree to all of your requests. I'm looking at the new SF 2013 sport.
This is my input I hope they will have on the 2013:

We all know the redesigned the 2013 model year with Hyundai's new "Storm Edge" look.
I happen to like the new design. But, I read they redesigned the interior as well.

I just wondering about the driver and passenger seats.
I'm looking for a conferrable drivers seat with good leg room and multi able adjustments that supports the head and shoulders.

My wife currently has neck issues so the seats have to fit her just right or it could be a deal breaker for us. Granted, her neck with get better with time but if I'm going to send 30K + she has to feel good when she driving the vehicle.

We did test drive a 2012 Kia Sorento and that had a nice 8 way seat adjustment. I think the new SF has something the same.
My concern is will you have to buy a certain package to get the 8 way seat adjustments?

·
Registered
59 Posts
If I'm buying a 7 seater, I want lots of seats. Make the middle row 3 equal size seat squabs, not 2 large outer ones and a small centre one.

Access the rear row via either side.

Triple isofix in the centre row.

Make the auto lights come on sooner.

Stop start and regenerative braking for lower emissions.

Keyless entry.

More affordable webasto thermo top engine heater.

BiXenon HID headlights (adaptive or with cornering lights).

Keep the under body skid protection, 4x4 capability and wading depth (been tested recently in our wet UK summer). I don't need a Land Rover but I do want an off road capable car that's good on the road.

Retain the current performance and handling.

And don't make it so much more expensive so I can't afford one.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Santa Fe

-Cooled front seats!!! Much of the competition is offering this feature. Willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
My priorities from highest 1. to lowest 5.
1. Seats holding better in cornering. IE better lateral support.
2. Redesign the climate control from the scratch. I am not happy with 2007 LMT: different temperature flows on top and bottom vents. Also, in general, too cold on rear vents. Mostly not comfortable setting the temperature below 74 F degrees.
3. Lighter steering wheel.
4. Lighter pedals: both brake and accelerator.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did I read right? 235 series tires on the 19" wheels for this vehicle? No no, no. I think the wheels on the LWB version look amazing, but really dislike having frisbies for tires on such a vehicle. Please, please put some wider tires to match the much more aggressive aesthetics of the exterior....245 or 255 min. Or give consumers the option by offering a couple of wheel/tire package combos!! Or, make sure the OEM wheel is wide enough (ie. 7.5 or 8") to accommodate a wider tire.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd rather go "down" to 235/70 x16 rather than "up" to 235/55 x19 - but this is what happens when a conventional SUV is re-marketed as a CUV.
Funny...the same differences of opinion have been expressed in the Highlander forums. I guess it's a matter of "different strokes for different folks", with neither being wrong....just differing priorities, preferences and tastes. This is why I wish manufacturers would make a few wheel/tire options available to consumers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts