Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not sure if url posting is allowed but i can't deem attach anything from my phone.

http://www.superlumination.com/images/auto_bulbs/animation_25watt_ao_small_wm.gif turn signals and when finished, the turn signal turna back to DRL, to be tied with my position lamps, in steady amber. (Not steady white as demostrated in gif).

I have my workshop manual here and with all wirings... i cant seem to pin what i want to do with my Black Panther. (Updated garage here).

I am new here by the way and thanks for having me here. I posted similar question a while back and nobody answered about ETM electrical section of the 05 accent.

My car details in the profile.

Cheers

edit: Next post i will attach the wirings

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi again, here is my pdf, I have pulled a few page out of the workshop, and posting it here. How exactly can I ties the turn signal with the DRL system after using the turn signal. As far as I know, Position Lamp is tied with all lighting system, therefore I want to retain this.

It would be extremely nice feeling to have this achievement. Please report baak immediately if I am violating the Forum's rules.

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,294 Posts
I'm guessing there are 3 wires on your DRLs.....Ground, Turn Signal +, DRL +

The ground wire connects to ground (funnily enough).

The turn signal + wire connects to the supply side of the turn signal circuits on the car.
The turn signal circuits on the car are GREEN on the RHS, BLUE on the LHS.

The DRL + wire will connect to the supply side of the position lamp circuits on the car.
The position lamp circuits on the car are GREEN/BLACK on the RHS, GREEN/ORANGE on the LHS.

Technically DRLs are supposed to switch on when you turn the ignition on and switch off when the low beam headlamps switch on, so the way your connecting them to the position lamp circuit isn't strictly legal. If you want to wire your DRLs so that they work like DRLs, I'd be happy to offer advise on how to achieve that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What you described is exactly what i need;
Whole DRL system (side markers, back stop light and position lamps are tied together,
From low to high beams. It will not operate at OFF.

Here, my topic is to add or to blend an extra feature from turn signals, i want it to be tied to DRL but to signals when i need to make a turn and it should go back to steady DRL. I can make a video if you like but i belueve youre getting idea.

Ill wait for one more assurance before i dig in.
I'm guessing there are 3 wires on your DRLs.....Ground, Turn Signal +, DRL +

The ground wire connects to ground (funnily enough).

The turn signal + wire connects to the supply side of the turn signal circuits on the car.
The turn signal circuits on the car are GREEN on the RHS, BLUE on the LHS.

The DRL + wire will connect to the supply side of the position lamp circuits on the car.
The position lamp circuits on the car are GREEN/BLACK on the RHS, GREEN/ORANGE on the LHS.

Technically DRLs are supposed to switch on when you turn the ignition on and switch off when the low beam headlamps switch on, so the way your connecting them to the position lamp circuit isn't strictly legal. If you want to wire your DRLs so that they work like DRLs, I'd be happy to offer advise on how to achieve that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
See my pic attached. Would love to have a steady turn signals with position lamp.

Then turn off to signal the turn signals. Then after a turn is completed, the turn signal stop and turn ita back on steady. Keep in mind, i want my position lamp tied with turn signal so it get same function (get it?)
This is unmodified. Love you!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zf7ZT7s8u8KjaZnE2GfwkpQqnKYlHgMq/view?usp=drivesdk

·
Registered
15,294 Posts
Sorry, I'm not sure what your asking for here.

You want the turn signals to light constantly to act as position lamps then to start flashing when you switch on the turn signal?

·
Registered
15,294 Posts
I think the diagram below will give you what you want.

You'll need two 2x 12V five terminal change over relays, one connected to each turn signal circuit.
Connect a wire from the supply side of the turn signal circuit to the relay coil, and connect the other side of the coil to ground.
Now every time the turn signal wire goes live the switch inside the relay will change over.

Connect an ignition +12V to the normally closed terminal of the relay (87a) and connect the common terminal (30) to the DRL+ wire.
Now every time you switch the ignition on your DRL/marker lamp will illuminate. When the turn signal is switched on and energizes the relay coil, the DRL/marker lamp will flash on & off, just like a turn signal lamp.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very good. Is there any ways i can pick the speed of blinking using instruction you provided ?

·
Registered
15,294 Posts
Is there any ways i can pick the speed of blinking using instruction you provided ?
No, the blinking rate is fixed by the electronics inside the flasher unit.

If the blink rate is too fast now (hyper flash) due to the much higher resistance of the LED bulbs (or the relay coils if using my circuit), I've posted details of a simple modification you can do to the flasher unit to bring the blink rate back down to normal without having to add any load resistors.

See link below :

Killing Hyper Flash - flasher relay mod

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorru fir not responding. I will give it a try in the spring. I just need to find another Accent to part everything put including rebuilding the harnesses. When i get to the point of this topic, i will be able to experiment from there.

Many thanks, lucan

Is there any ways i can pick the speed of blinking using instruction you provided ?
No, the blinking rate is fixed by the electronics inside the flasher unit.

If the blink rate is too fast now (hyper flash) due to the much higher resistance of the LED bulbs (or the relay coils if using my circuit), I've posted details of a simple modification you can do to the flasher unit to bring the blink rate back down to normal without having to add any load resistors.

See link below :

Killing Hyper Flash - flasher relay mod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts