Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm replacing my base radio with a slightly upgraded OEM head unit (AC141DPAN) which includes the C-connector for the backup camera. I decided against the larger nav screen (too many wiring changes), as well as Unavi and compass-nav. I know they work well, and have a lot of fans, but I've already decided, and have everything for my preferred OEM (mostly) installation.

Everything is going well, except I can't find where to buy a female, 16-pin C-connector to plug into the OEM head unit, and wire the camera to. I can solder directly to the pins, but I'd much rather a connector.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on where to buy this "reverse" wiring harness. A part number, full harness number, standard connector substitute...I'll take anything.

Thanks, all.

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
I'll take anything.
Well, if you can't find a ready made Hyundai cable you might consider a Toyota cable. I'm sure Toyota use the same connector but the video input, etc are in different places. Still, if you can't find anything else it shouldn't take to much effort to swap the terminals around to make it work with the Hyundai head unit. I'm sure I've seen the Hyundai pinout for connector 'C' else where on the forum.

CAM-TY11 - Toyota Reverse Camera T-Harness

TOYOTA REVERSE CAMERA CABLE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info - that looks great. I searched for that same part number (CAM-TY11), and found what seems to be a fully wired version: [can't post URL]. I just ordered it. Have to see if it fits on Monday.

I'm using the pinout shown on HSFManual.

Thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could also use dual female push pin wiring if you can find small enough.
I did consider those. I've used them in some computer work in the past, but I was concerned about them staying connected in a vehicle with shocks and vibration. The two-pin ones usually stay in place pretty well, but I've always found the singles to be loose fitting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Autospark, that connector worked perfectly. I should have just bought the one you posted, since I only ended up using one wire from the RCA, one pin for the reverse signal, and one more for parking ground.

Overall, the new OEM head unit works perfectly with an aftermarket camera. Beyond finding the right reverse signal wire up front and making sure things were compatible, it was a pretty cheap and easy upgrade.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
Great to hear the Toyota connector worked out for you.

Could you post where you picked up the reverse light wire? I'm sure that would be another snippet of info that would be useful to others who are gonna do a similar upgrade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a red wire, connected to pin 41 on a connector block in the driver's side fuse area.

I'll post a picture next, as I'll have 5 posts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi gatetwelve I am doing the same with my car. Just wanted to know did you hook up the reverse + wire pin 41 on your car to the P detector pin Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It was a red wire, connected to pin 41 on a connector block in the driver's side fuse area.

I'll post a picture next, as I'll have 5 posts.
Would you meant to attach the aftermarket unit's reverse detection wire to this pin 41 for reverse switch?

I touchedd parking brake wire to reverse detection wire and screen turns on the back up camera screen!

So i wonder where i can hook it to the reverse gear switch...

Please confirm! Have a seicane unit here. Its last issue i wanted to get out of way!

Edited= check back post by tomorrow. I am running multimeter tests.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts