Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, yes I'm a new member so please go easy on me. What brought me here is I'm in need of finding out whats causing a friends car to overheat. She is driving a 2010 Hyundai and the rad fans do not turn, only when AC switch is on. I did a quick inspection, I made sure fans work when relays are jumped and replaced the coolant temp in hopes that was the culprit, no luck so far, anyone? These cars do have a low/high speed control module right?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,631 Posts
Funnily enough I was just invited over to the Kia forum to help someone diagnose this very issue on a Kia Rio, which has the same engine and electrical system as the MC Accent. The fault was diagnosed to a faulty relay driver transistor inside the engine ECM in that particular case. The RAD FAN relay is the one that controls the low speed fans, which come on when you switch the AC on. The three fan relays all need to be switched on together to operate the fans at high speed. If you have a read of my posts on Kia forum (link below) you'll get some ideas about how to go about diagnosing the problem. If you need any further advice just ask and I'll try to help.

2011 Kia Rio High Speed Fans Inop

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts