Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m looking for a wiring diagram & pin out for a RHD drivers door power mirror & windows for the 06 here to 09 Model , as the Dealers have stuffed up the wiring harness because they could`nt remove the factory plug from the power window switch(very hard to remove) so they cut the wires off , now a power wire is missing from the power mirror plug i presuming ? only found this when i removed the door trim (check photo`s) talk about dumbasses !

First pic is the cut wires & power window/door lock connector
No missing slot/hole on the connector

The 2nd photo with yellow circled is 2 red power wires in on the left , where they soldered & heatshrinked , 1 red power wire out on the right

So trying to figure out where the extra power wire goes in to the connector Pic 3 before i fix it all
Any help would be Greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I`m looking for a wiring diagram & pin out for a RHD drivers door power mirror & windows for the 06 here to 09 Model ,
Best would be for one of the UK owners to supply what they've got. Afraid what we have here for NAM docs, even if you reverse RH/LH, might not match well enough. I'll give you what I've got, and you can see if anything matches up. Windows and mirror are separate. Will have to locate the latter. Format for mirrors are old Silverlight files - how Hyundai used to package these diagrams, and isn't allowed, so I'll have to create a jpg of it from a display of the file. Windows are *.pdf.

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,184 Posts
The hyundai dealer left your door wiring like that? I must remember that next time I'm struggling to remove a connector...just chop all the wires. Then leave it like a dog's dinner.

Anyway, the green wire on the connector in photo 3 should be the power supply to the mirror adjuster switch and the black beside it should be ground. The other 5 wires on the connector are the wires that route to the actuators in the mirrors.

The dealer diagrams we have here in the UK are for LHD cars. They don't do schematics specifically for RHD models.

Scott.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Canderson & Scott for your help , but no luck with the diagrams .

Update on the wiring after a trip to a DIFFERENT Hyundai Dealer as one would after what i found !
Fixed the dog`s dinner ha ha thx Scott , (wiring mess ) soldered, heatshrinked & taped back to factory spec (power window wires & connector ) as per Pic 1 on the previous post .
The dealers i went to which have been more than helpful , are chasing up a wiring diagram & color coded diagram for RHD drivers door to figure out which pin on the connector(power Mirrors) the Red wire is for , as the underside of the socket has 10 pins exposed , 1 green for power , 1 black for ground , 5 for the actuators (blue,red, 2 Orange/black , white/black )

So the Guy @ the Dealers seems to think like me that the extra red wire is for either the Power folding or Power heating Mirrors ? so when i get my hands on the Diagrams i will post them up here for other RHD owners
Cheers

·
Registered
15,184 Posts
So the Guy @ the Dealers seems to think like me that the extra red wire is for either the Power folding or Power heating Mirrors ?
Well, I'm thinking that the red wire in your photo is an original factory splice. I can't see the guy at the original dealer taking the time to solder & heatshrink that one wire after leaving the dog's dinner at the switch. I notice too that it's good quality heatshrink that is lined with hot melt glue. You can see where the glue has run out beyond the black heat shrink.

To back that up, if you look at the wiring diagram that canderson kindly attached, you'll see that there is a red wire coming off pin 10 of the mirror adjustment switch that is spliced and routes to both mirror actuators. I suspect that will be the splice in your photo.

Scott.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Scott ,

Was wondering if you can help me with finding the Illumination wire for all 4 doors on the harness & connector that goes to PWR windows as i`m going to wire up some small leds in the armrest (inside handle/cup ) & only want them to come on with the Illumination @ night , thanks
GJ

·
Registered
15,184 Posts
The wire you're looking for will be on the electric window switches. I don't know the wire colour for sure but the illumination circuit wires are normally green/orange.

You can find the correct wire if you measure the voltage on each pin of the switch. Measure the voltage on each pin and make a note of which pins have 12V. Now retest each pin again with the headlamps switched on and you should find you now have one more 12V than you did on the first test. The wire that has 12V with the headlamps on is the illumination circuit. The wire colour will probably be the same on each door's window switch.

Scottie.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for your help Scott .

I tested them with a 9Vt battery first before i installed them to see how`d they look @ night , fairly simple cheap & easy mod this one although i had to take of every door trim & armrest to install them in the handle cup to have a nice flush appearance .
I`ll put a couple of pics when i have completed the wiring .

Thanks again Scottie
Cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checked with a Multimeter & Yellow wire is for Illumination over in Aus not sure if it`s the same for the US Mdl ?

Well i`ve taken some photo`s @ night , but they haven't turned out that well they don`t really show the true look how they light up on the trim , i`m happy with èm anyways , cost was Aus $8 for the Qty:4 x 2" with 3 Leds + $ 4 for the 4 connectors ,a touch of glue ,spit of silicone & elect tape job all done . At least now i`ll be able to tie anything else re:Leds like door catch plate etc to the connectors this will make it simple to totally remove door trim

Attachments

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Sounds like our harnesses are quite different here.

Front door lamps both powered by a green wire, and controlled (ground side) by the BCM over a green/orange (front left) and pink/black (front right) wire. No rear door courtesy lights here on any model that year. These are enabled when the door is open, and at no other time. In fact, we have nothing here in the doors that operate ONLY with night cabin illumination. Do you?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our`s (Aus ) is the same wire color coding for the front door courtesy lights , but NO illumination when entering through the rear doors or night illumination except from the top lettering/symbols of the power window switches/door lock etc buttons which is the same on all SF`s .

So i decided I`m going tackle this job next with wiring up blue led strips under the either the back of the front seats or the front of the back seats hooking them up to the rear door jamb dome light trigger , might be a task but should be simple enough but you never know with the SF lol , I`ve have already ordered the strips just waiting on arrival will let you know what the outcome is :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Canderson ,

Does the US models have a under cover trim behind the drivers side knee bolster trim where the obd connector & bracket is , as i look underneath & it`s all exposed wiring/fuse box/pedal levers etc , normally this would be covered up by a trim panel to hide everything , it`s the first car i`ve had that hasn't had this or is mine missing a trim panel , any help would be appreciated thx
GJ

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thx , seems a bit of cost & weight cutting by Hyundai one thinks , i`ll look for a decent one to match up with the SF knee bolster .

Also found this on my SF a little while ago provision for puddle lights , tho no SF CM model over here has ever had them installed from factory , i have seen a website that a guy installed the Veracruz puddle lights in this spot on his SF they looked ok but they were shining on the door mostly , where as i prefer mine to shine on the ground in-front of the door .

Attachments

·
Registered
15,184 Posts
but they were shining on the door mostly , where as i prefer mine to shine on the ground in-front of the door .
Well, install a couple of 3mm LEDs towards the outside of the mirror so the light clears the door skin. All you would need is a 3mm hole on the underside of the mirror casing for each LED and they only cost pennies. They don't take up much space so I'm sure there would be space inside the mirror assembly to accommodate them.

Scottie.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes i already looked at this avenue with the eagle eye led`s & many others cheaper option but not as OEM look so to speak , think i`ll wait & buy the Turn signal Led & puddle light kits from Korea a bit more to my liking

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Came up with this Idea that Canderson put in my head about lights for the floor-well or doors when entering into the rear seats . Have provided photo`s & part # for this if you want a more factory look other than a LED strip install .

Sun-visor Vanity/Lamp Assy Part # 92890-2G000J9 X 2 , Cost around US $10 each , Can change the globes over for LED/SMD or colored if desired .

You can either install them into the bottom section of the Rear doors (location up to individual ) or another 2 spots , 1 the lower B pillar interior trim rear Flat section Pic 2 below , or the trim under the Front edge of the Rear seat Pic 3 shinning forward , connection then would be to hook it up to the Dome lamp or the Door Trigger , just thought to put this up for anyone who wants a more factory look for rear Courtesy Lights .

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
15,184 Posts
Where cani find the door lock motor wire by driver side door
There is usually a connector for the door wiring inside the 'A' pillar. You can usually access the wiring via the footwell.
If you start your own thread on the relevant forum telling us what your trying to do we may be able to offer more precise advice.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im putting in a remote starter and i have to connect a green wire. To. The door lock motor wire and not the switch wire i dont want to mess this up its my first new /used car and i cant seem to find the right. Wire diagram for my 2017 hyundai sonata se model just for the door. I appreciate you replying

1 - 20 of 21 Posts