Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I bought a new Amp from Crutchfield (Kenwood - KAC5206). I also just ordered a sound ordinance single 12" sub to hook up to the Amp. My question is, what's pre output level for the head unit?

From the amps paperwork

... the INPUT SENSITIVITY control
Set this control according to the pre-output level of the
center unit connected with this unit.
NOTE
For the pre-output level, refer to the <Specifications> in the
instruction manual of the center unit...

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Doesn't the owners manual have the specs for the sound system?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Some radios have RCA line level output jacks on the rear panel. The pre-output level refers to the voltage output on these jacks. Since the stock Hyundai radio doesn't have these jacks there is no pre-output level and you don't have to worry about this instruction.

Just hook up the speakers and connect them to the 'speaker level input' on the amp as shown. You should be able to adjust the radio volume and the sensitivity control to obtain a balance between how loud you have the radio and how much the amp amplifies the signal..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some radios have RCA line level output jacks on the rear panel. The pre-output level refers to the voltage output on these jacks. Since the stock Hyundai radio doesn't have these jacks there is no pre-output level and you don't have to worry about this instruction.

Just hook up the speakers and connect them to the 'speaker level input' on the amp as shown. You should be able to adjust the radio volume and the sensitivity control to obtain a balance between how loud you have the radio and how much the amp amplifies the signal..[/QUOTE

]thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts