Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone else has had experience with the CarPlay2Air (or CPLAY2air) wireless adaptor for CarPlay on their vehicle?

The CarPlay2Air adaptor is a little box with a USB cable. You plug it in to the regular USB spot where you would plug in for wired CarPlay to your iPhone. Once you connect via Bluetooth and WiFi - then in theory you now have Wireless CarPlay in your car and no need to plug in the phone. Sounds awesome but I've had some issues.

On my Hyundai Tuscon MY18 Highlander (top line in Australia, don't know what its called around the world if anything different) - all I get is "Reading USB" for ages and nothing further. I have wiped any existing Bluetooth connection with phone - nothing. Waited 5 mins - nothing.

Anyone else tried anything like this and had similar problem or success? Really would like to get this thing working.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Don't need redundant requests.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wondering if anyone else has had experience with the CarPlay2Air (or CPLAY2air) wireless adaptor for CarPlay on their vehicle?

The CarPlay2Air adaptor is a little box with a USB cable. You plug it in to the regular USB spot where you would plug in for wired CarPlay to your iPhone. Once you connect via Bluetooth and WiFi - then in theory you now have Wireless CarPlay in your car and no need to plug in the phone. Sounds awesome but I've had some issues.

On my Hyundai Tuscon MY18 Highlander (top line in Australia, don't know what its called around the world if anything different) - all I get is "Reading USB" for ages and nothing further. I have wiped any existing Bluetooth connection with phone - nothing. Waited 5 mins - nothing.

Anyone else tried anything like this and had similar problem or success? Really would like to get this thing working.

Hey, I‘m have that same exact issue right now with my 2017 Hyundai Elantra. Did you ever get it to work? I really want to use the CarPlay2Air adaptor.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have to keep in mind these Carplay2Air devices are not apple certified, so its possible that apple has implemented a stop to them with an update...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have to keep in mind these Carplay2Air devices are not apple certified, so its possible that apple has implemented a stop to them with an update...
Possibly but the car itself will not read the CarPlay2Air adaptor at all. I think it’s the car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I‘m have that same exact issue right now with my 2017 Hyundai Elantra. Did you ever get it to work? I really want to use the CarPlay2Air adaptor.
No unfortunately I ended up sending it back and got a full refund.i worked with the guys at Car2Play for a couple of weeks trying different things but couldn’t sort it out. Just could never get the system to recognise it to begin the sync process.

Having watched other videos of my same model in the States, the head unit we get in Australia seems to have slightly different software and options so that probably doesn’t help.

if you or anyone else does find a solution I’d love to give it another go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bummer. Alright, thanks so much for your help. I guess I’ll have to return it. If the CarPlay2Air team tells me anything and it works I’ll definitely let you know!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts

I’m having the same problem with my 2018 Hyundai Accent, my iPhone 11 wont connect to it. Did you find out how or why?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts