Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kona supports Android Auto and can come equipped with a wireless charging pad. Would it be too much to assume the vehicle supports Android Auto WITHOUT using a USB cable?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Kona supports Android Auto and can come equipped with a wireless charging pad. Would it be too much to assume the vehicle supports Android Auto WITHOUT using a USB cable?

Yes it can but you will not get any maps running through blue tooth. Reason I use a USB also it will charge my phone since I do not have the charging pad and music quality is far better.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
i posted earlier, the easy way around this is to buy a tracphone. i got a nice galaxy sky for like 50 bucks, one year activation, 5gb data, plus calls/texts. then you load up whatever, usb it to the unit, and put the phone like in the glovebox, or some other out of the way place. if you use the car at least a couple times a week, the phone will stay charged. when the year is up, you can buy another year of activation for 50 bucks, 1gb of data is like 10 bucks. if you drive the car daily, it will only use about 100mb/month. then you can use your reg phone for all other stuff.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As of now, I dont think there are any OEM radios that support Android Auto or Apple CarPlay wirelessly. I did do some reading and found that bluetooth just isnt up to snuff when it comes to moving big amounts of data needed. Maps is the biggest thing it would need the speed for.

Coincidentally, I also was reading if manufacturers found a way to use wifi instead of bluetooth, or a combo of both, they could support wireless AA and CP rather easily.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have wondered about that, in addition you can forward your 'normal' cell number to the car's. Just not sure texts would come through.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have wondered about that, in addition you can forward your 'normal' cell number to the car's. Just not sure texts would come through.
I have noticed text coming through though in Android being USB but I also again use my USB more than Bluetooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts