Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
327 Posts
Does the Wi-Fi stay turned on after you turn off the car? (The Tucson keeps the USB port powered on even after the car is turned off.) I sent an inquiry to Motorola a month or two ago and (at that time) they said that the Wi-Fi would stay turned on. This is not a huge issue, but it is annoying when my phone drops off the home network and reconnects to the car Wi-Fi any time I walk close to the parked car.

Carsifi is trying to find a solution for their dongle, using the car's Bluetooth as a beacon, but so far it's not working.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It does on non PHEV vehicles but it does turn on whenever the door is opened and goes to sleep a few minutes after the door is closed. Someone mentioned that the USB port on the PHEV stays live if the car is plugged in within 5 minutes of turning the vehicle off, but if you wait 5 minutes before plugging it in, the port turns off after a few minutes. I have the Carsifi for Android Auto and it doesn’t work properly so I stopped using it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
When I use Waze, most often it will go to a white screen and music apps such as Amazon, Spotify, and SiriusXM do not load - just the spinning circle of death. No problem if I plug it in. Google maps works though..

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
327 Posts
Thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts