Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV ULT Deepsea/Grey
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Works great. 20sec connection once car is turned on. I flipped it up and sits hidden behind the climate control area (2nd pic).

Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering wheel Vehicle audio Audio equipment

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
212 Posts
Does the Wi-Fi stay turned on after you turn off the car? (The Tucson keeps the USB port powered on even after the car is turned off.) I sent an inquiry to Motorola a month or two ago and (at that time) they said that the Wi-Fi would stay turned on. This is not a huge issue, but it is annoying when my phone drops off the home network and reconnects to the car Wi-Fi any time I walk close to the parked car.

Carsifi is trying to find a solution for their dongle, using the car's Bluetooth as a beacon, but so far it's not working.

·
Registered
695 Posts
It does on non PHEV vehicles but it does turn on whenever the door is opened and goes to sleep a few minutes after the door is closed. Someone mentioned that the USB port on the PHEV stays live if the car is plugged in within 5 minutes of turning the vehicle off, but if you wait 5 minutes before plugging it in, the port turns off after a few minutes. I have the Carsifi for Android Auto and it doesn’t work properly so I stopped using it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
When I use Waze, most often it will go to a white screen and music apps such as Amazon, Spotify, and SiriusXM do not load - just the spinning circle of death. No problem if I plug it in. Google maps works though..

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
212 Posts
Thread.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV ULT Deepsea/Grey
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know if the USB port powers off. Coming back to my PHEV several hours later still see the led from the adapter

·
Registered
2022 Tucson
297 Posts
I don't know if the USB port powers off. Coming back to my PHEV several hours later still see the led from the adapter
With or without the fob in your pocket? As the fob comes close the Wifi turns back on turning on the USB port.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts