Hyundai Forums banner

Wired -> Wireless Android Auto & Carplay

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  gloryer1 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi. I purchased my i10 on June 2021 with wired AA and Carplay.
6 months later, I can purchase the same car with same specs, but it has wireless AA and Carplay.

Is this a software upgrade? New hardware?
I tried contacting Hyundai and I got a lot of contradictory information. One dealer said it costs 2000 DKK to upgrade, another said I need to buy another car. Third dealer said it is not possible to get it wireless at all.

Regards,

#3 ·
[/QUOTE]
Hi. I purchased my i10 on June 2021 with wired AA and Carplay.
6 months later, I can purchase the same care with same specs, but it has wireless AA and Carplay.

Is this a software upgrade? New hardware?
I tried contacting Hyundai and I got a lot of contradictory information. One dealer said it costs 2000 DKK to upgrade, another said I need to buy another car. Third dealer said it is not possible to get it wireless at all.

Regards,
i think you need wifi module for wireless android auto or carplay.. or you can bought adapter,
i have the motorola ma1, but is only for android auto, not carplay

#4 ·
i think you need wifi module for wireless android auto or carplay.. or you can bought adapter,
i have the motorola ma1, but is only for android auto, not carplay
[/QUOTE]
this one

#5 ·
Thanks for the reply, but it seems the model from 2022 has native wireless AA and CarPlay and the one which is 6 month older (june 2021) has only wired versions. Since there no face-lift and they're both AC3, I was wondering how can that be. Could it be just a "software switch"?

Regards,

#6 ·
i think is hardware upgrade, but i am not sure 100%..
for the wireless android auto/ carplay we need a wifi hotspot, and it seems 2020, 2021 models they don not have wifi module, only bluetooth..
if you check the general settings on screen the wifi widget is not available.
maybe the main circuits board of infotainment in our models they have a slot for optional hardware upgrade..
Android Auto's wireless mode is not operating over Bluetooth like phone calls and media streaming,
there's nowhere near enough bandwidth in Bluetooth to run Android Auto, so the feature need to used Wi-Fi to communicate with the infotainment system..

#8 ·
I just bought an i10 premium last month and had to download the android auto But not happy a my android is only an android 9 and you need above that for the bluetooth to work. Works for music and phones apparently both for which I dont use hen driving but am lost without a map. I am still in contract with phone so would cost me to upgrade so have left it for now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.