Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my 2012 Sonata Limited 2.0T, for a Santa Fe GLS with the tech package. The dealer said is uses the same iPhone cable as my Sonata (came with the car, its the 30 pin version). I was able to use this fine with my iPhone 5 using an Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter in my car, but with the same setup the Stereo doesn't see a ipod connected. I don't want go buying additional cables unless I am sure they will work, is anyone using their iPhone 5 cabled into their radio vs bluetooth streaming? And if so what cable are you using??

Thanks!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Just use the USB cable from Apple directly to the USB port, no need to use the Hyundai cable. Everything works perfectly that way.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I am not an Apple fan, but my son does have a 2nd or 3rd gen iPod touch. If it helps, I connected it to my XL using a regular USB charging cable and it worked fine. Did not try full functionality but I could skip up and down songs. Forgot to check if there was album art. Anyway, if his ipod works, cannot imagine your iPhone not working the same way. But with tech, who knows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all, the standard Apple USB to lightning cable works. Very odd it didn't in the Sonata.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts