Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone tried to wire your SFS by using something like this?([ame]https://www.amazon.com/Pruveeo-Hard-Wire-Dash-Mini/dp/B06XQ16C31[/ame]) I pulled out the cover on the driver side but it seems like fuse only. I also don't know how people run the cable once they connected. Any hints?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,577 Posts
Some run the wire along or in the A column (side) of the windshield
And then lay the wiring across the top of the windshield to the dash cam.

Other people use their phones for GPS and put in on a mount or holder
The phone probably has a dash cam function

It really is amazing what one can do with the phone now a days

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
There should be a couple of live fuses in the fuse block. The clock and the radio have "hold up" voltages that are always on to keep the time and station and settings memory. You need a voltmeter and a fuse tap...

This is at AutoZone for $7

You can just remove the wire from the side and get a female connector to put over the connector on the tap, since you don't need it. That way it will be covered in case something should happen to fall on it.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,283 Posts
There should be a couple of live fuses in the fuse block. The clock and the radio have "hold up" voltages that are always on to keep the time and station and settings memory.
You wouldn't want to connect a dashcam to a constant live though or the automatic recording function wont work. The fuse tap is a good idea, but plug it into a fuse that's supplied power from the ignition.

·
Registered
941 Posts
He didn't mention what kind of camera he's using so he might want to use a live circuit if it's for 24/7 recording (parking mode, etc).

As far as the Pruveeo kit, it should be fine. I haven't used this kit personally but I had a Pruveeo camera that worked good.

I use this hard wire kit which includes low voltage auto off for my parking mode..

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073QNDP45/[/ame]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. Yes basically I'm more like curious than really rolling up my sleeves. I guess that type of wire is used on the fuse box per the discussion. That'll help me in the future when I really want to install it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts