Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
My last car had this same "feature" (wipers that had to be parked to lift up). It's a pain, but you do eventually remember to park them the night before ice/snow is expected. Maybe just start doing it every time, at least during the winter months? If you're as forgetful as me, a sticky-note by the interior door handle works well as a reminder until it becomes routine.

Honestly the worst part about this style of wiper, is that you just know some idiot is going to bang your wiper arm into the edge of the hood 4 or 5 times to put some advertising crap there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So far I am struggling with the wiper design now that winter has reared its ugly head in Canada. First of all I can't just lift the wipers if I know it will be icy and have to turn the car off when they are running so they are on the window and not at the bottom. Secondly, they seem to sit well below the part of the windshield where the defroster hits the glass. I had some frozen ice just about the wipers and despite putting the defroster on full blast for 20 minutes, the ice would not melt. I had to bang it with my hand to get it to eventually come loose. Seems to be a major design flaw for those of us in cold climates with lots of snow and ice.
Yup same on my 2017. What a joke. Total safety issue, going write a nasty email to someone. This needs to be recalled and fixed. Poor design!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I guess I am in the minority on this thread, but I haven't really had an issue with the wipers and having to park them. We are expecting big snowfall here in Michigan tomorrow....so parking the wipers it is!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
have noticed based on the design and how deep the space is where the wipers sit, how much snow and ice accumulates in there. I am constantly cleaning it out of that space

·
Registered
24 Posts
Immediately after turning off the ignition, push the wiper stalk to the top position and hold it there. After the wipers park vertically on the windshield, release the stalk. Then go sleep tight and scrape the windshield in the AM with ease. And, stop blaming Hyundai.
Thank you for posting this. I have just gotten to this section in the manual and wasn't aware of this thoughtful feature.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my old 2001 Dodge Caravan the windshield had the electric heating wires (same as the rear windows) built into the lower part of the windshield where the wipers park.
When you press and engage the defrost button it activates the wiper defrost feature along with the heated side mirrors. Great feature!
Park the wipers and when you start the car again they won't go down until you turn them on. Should be more details in the user manual.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any software engineers out there? there should be a way to integrate a different module to make them change from sensing to intermittent!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts