Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always carry a spare set of Beam type Wiper Blades. A few days ago while getting a small problem corrected on my 2018, I asked that parts department the price for Hyundai OEM Wiper Blades. (Quoted me a price so high, I don't want to repeat it). Ok. Called my local dealer for price. BTW.

Driver Side 26 inch 98350-3S300
Pass. Side 18 inch U889000018H

His price $16.99 Driver Side
$12.99 Passenger Side.

Second Dealer;
$16.99 both sides.
This second dealer also told me that the Driver Side part number has been superseded to U889000026. (Note the last two digits are the length).

If you ever need blades and no Hyundai dealers in the area, Ford MOTORCRAFT Blades work perfectly. I've used them before. Great Beam Blades.
Driver Side WW-2601-PF $14.29
Pass Side WW-1801-PF $$15.94

Same for both my 2015 and 2018.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I always keep a set of Rain-X Latitudes in my jump kit, and I replace them in January every year. Great wipers and when combined with their glass treatment (or deicer during the winter) makes for truly slock windshields with quick water bead and runoff.

Reactions: John_McHale

·
Registered
882 Posts
You can buy a rain-X cleaner, spray and wipe clean wiper and windshield several times a year, then you save a lot of money

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never use Rain-X, except to remove the scum that forms at the very end of a wiper stroke.

I found in the past, that once you start using Rain-X over the entire windshield, you have to continue using it, or else you get the wiper chatter.

I use just a little on the tip of a rag only to remove scum from the end of the wiper stroke.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Another option some people including me have done is to just replace the rubber part of the blade. The Toyota part is exact fit. I don't have the numbers but a search in a previous thread will have this discussion.

The prices you quoted for the full blade is actually quite a good deal when compared with what Canadian Dealers which ask for $30 or so each side.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speaking of the price in Canada, a good Canadian friend of mine from the Kitchener Ontario area spends February and March here in Central Florida. Purchased a 2017 Lexus ES350 a few months ago. I'm going to remind him to stock up wiper blades and other needed things that cost a small fortune in Canada.
That reminds me. I have to ask him to bring me a few liters (one or two gallons) of windshield washer fluid that does not freeze until about -25F (near -35C) or lower, as we can't find fluid in Florida that goes down that low. (I sometimes get called up to Western New York for family emergencies and the fluid I get here will freeze and cause washer damage if used). Many dealers here in Florida just use plain water with a little soap added.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just picked up a new set of Beam blades using dealer coupon.

U889000026H for Driver Side
U889000018H for Passenger Side

Note, the old style NON Beam blades are the same part number EXCEPT without the final "H".

Also, these blades have the same feature my Mercedes blades had. They have a "wear indicator". When the indicator goes from Black to Yellow, the blades are worn out and time to change.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beats me how the blades know. When the wear indicators on my Mercedes' wipers turned yellow, I kept using them. They still worked just fine.

BTW; the box says "Manufactured for Hyundai by Valeo".

·
Registered
08 Santa Fe 2.7 Automatic
285 Posts
after 40 years of driving i'm sick of buying wipers every year to year and a half. i just started treating mine with 303. i just put a couple drops in a plastic bottle cap and dip a q tip in and rub it on with them still on the car. supposed to make them last forever.

·
Registered
343 Posts
after 40 years of driving i'm sick of buying wipers every year to year and a half. i just started treating mine with 303. i just put a couple drops in a plastic bottle cap and dip a q tip in and rub it on with them still on the car. supposed to make them last forever.
The minute I saw the Hyundai logo on the wipers in my dealer's parts department, my stomach sank. Sure enough, they were now made of tinfoil with little structural rigidity and a sported a new design that promised poor windshield contact at speed. But they had that blue and white 'H' and all the money extracted from their customers for this junk would flow back to Hyundai instead of to a supplier for providing a superior product and positive customer experience.

My solution was to find the original supplier of Hyundai blades from back when they were the same wipers as those supplied on Lexus and other fine vehicles. Those are the only wipers I buy now for all my vehicles, regardless of make. When the rubber elements wear out (usually only after 2-3 years), I simply purchase new refills, install them, and go merrily on my way for another few years.

·
Registered
08 Santa Fe 2.7 Automatic
285 Posts
The minute I saw the Hyundai logo on the wipers in my dealer's parts department, my stomach sank. Sure enough, they were now made of tinfoil with little structural rigidity and a sported a new design that promised poor windshield contact at speed. But they had that blue and white 'H' and all the money extracted from their customers for this junk would flow back to Hyundai instead of to a supplier for providing a superior product and positive customer experience.

My solution was to find the original supplier of Hyundai blades from back when they were the same wipers as those supplied on Lexus and other fine vehicles. Those are the only wipers I buy now for all my vehicles, regardless of make. When the rubber elements wear out (usually only after 2-3 years), I simply purchase new refills, install them, and go merrily on my way for another few years.
another thing i can't figure out is why you can't buy a good sqeegee like they have at the gas stations. i asked the guy at advanced and he said nobody sells them. if they did they would be 30 dollars. i missed a golden oppertunity there was a brand new one laying in the middle of the road a few yards from a station. either some one forgot it on there back window or was planning on stealing it themselves. the one i have now is a rain x. it's decent but not nearly as good. some i bought were absolutly pathetic.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My 2015 wipers have the blades with the Lazy H logo imprented on them. Still doing a great job.

My 2018 has no logo. Only three month old, but wipes great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts