Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...

Got a bit of a silly question but I've never replaced the windshield wiper blades on my 2006 Hyundai Accent, until now that is. I did an online search and was a little surprised to learn that the blades would be different sizes for one thing (Driver Side = 22" & Passenger Side = 16").

Anyways, onto my question....according to the RainX website (these are actually the blades I bought) there are different types of wiper arms. I've got a 2006 Hyundai Accent GLS and I'm not sure if my wiper arms are :

- J-Hook Arms
- P&H Arms
- Pin Arms
- Bayonet Arms
- PTB Arms
- I&L Arms

Just by looking at my wiper arms, I get the feeling that they're J-Hook arms, but I would like some confirmation. Anyone? :whistling:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Check the owners manual, you might finrd what you need.

Every wiper blade I've bought came with different attachments.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Dec 11 2010, 10:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378773
Check the owners manual, you might finrd what you need.

Every wiper blade I've bought came with different attachments.
Yeah, this one came with all the attachments as well. My biggest concern was starting to replace them but then not being able to figure it out. LOL. As for the manual, that's a waste. It provides adequate info. but not the best.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ Dec 11 2010, 11:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378781
J-hook. 
Thanks.

I decided to give it a shot, and yes it is a J-Hook. Sadly, my Haynes Excel & Accent manual didn't mention this at all. What a jip! And I had to order that manual from The States, so I paid almost as much for the shipping as the manual itself. Oh well....live and learn.

At least my wiper blades are on now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (yms1975 @ Dec 11 2010, 10:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378955
Thanks.

I decided to give it a shot, and yes it is a J-Hook. Sadly, my Haynes Excel & Accent manual didn't mention this at all. What a jip! And I had to order that manual from The States, so I paid almost as much for the shipping as the manual itself. Oh well....live and learn.

At least my wiper blades are on now. :thumbsup:

www.hmaservice.com has free owners manual in PDF format and everything else you might want to know about the car. Registration is free too, as is everything on the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts