Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see if anyone has winterized their hybrid and see where you ended up running the engine block heater plug-in at. I am worried about my local shop doing it and running the cord out in a spot that will not allow the active air flap to close like it is designed to and then give me error messages.

If you have, it would be great to see a picture of where the cord is sticking out at as well as where the cord is ran at through or around the flap.

Thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
111 Posts
I haven't personally "winterized" my HSH, but if I were to equip it with an engine block heater, I'd likely see if the cord would fit out the nose, just below the chrome trim near the emblem. I'm pretty confident that there is no active flap system there, but I don't know if there's room for the cable to slide through either.

You planning on parking in some extremely cold temps? If so, my personal recommendation is to ensure you're using a full synthetic oil. We get some cold weather here in wintertime, but I don't live in an area where everyone has engine block heaters.

We left our HSH in the Detroit airport parking for a week in very cold temps and it started up without any issues whatsoever when we came back from sunny Florida ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will have them check that out. Hoping they can keep the cord coming out somewhat inconspicuous.

Yes I will be parking in some extreme cold weather temps during the day. Here in Fairbanks, AK we get as low as -40F on a regular basis and can go as low as -60 a few days here or there. It will be interesting to see how it does at that point in time. Almost every parking lot around here has plug-in electrical towers because it is a necessity.

YAY Me lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep, that's cold! We've got those same plug-ins up north too. At a few of the hotels I have to stay at for business, they have a specific parking lot just for snowmobiles too!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh, and for the record, the best winterizing I did for my Sonata and for me Elantra was to purchase some Weathertech mats. Worth every single penny!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts