Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I live in Scandinavia, if you live in similar climate, what are your thoughts about driving on winter tires all year...?

Keep truckin'

·
Registered
147 Posts
Don't do it.

Winter ties wear down MUCH quicker when the air temps are above freezing. You could wear out a set over Summer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well...... I have run Blizzak ws80's year round for 2 years. Yes, they wear a bit quicker and
they are a bit softer and don't provide quite the performance.

If you lived where the summer temps reach into the 90's and above then NO I would not do it as they will wear out even faster at higher temps. But I live at 9,500ft above sea level in the Colorado Rockies where summer temps rarely reach 80 degrees, and the winters see more than 300" of snow. I have gotten 25,000 miles out of Blizzaks running them year round, 2 full summers and 2 full winters. Frankly, I never seem to get more than 30k out of a set of tires, no matter what kind they are.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Taxi and ambulances drive winter tires here all year for some reason, just saying...

My Continental summer tires are finished now, they lasted 25000km. So if I can get a set of winter tires to last the same, it would be fine by me.

- I am going to test this from now and during 2018, with a set of Nokian WR A4 XL mounted om my 19" original rims (245/45 R19) - so lets see...

Keep truckin'

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you read description of the Nokian WR A4 XL tire, it looks quite promising for my project. It seems like it can be used, all year in my climate...

Keep truckin'

·
Registered
6 Posts
i picked up 19" santa fe sport rims (gunmetal grey) which looks amazing + hankook icept evo 2 245-45-19 winter performance tires and so far they are great on dry road. no snow yet in Toronto so cant comment on snow/ict/wet conditions.

I didnt notice much difference in driving from my summers to these winters on dry roads. usually winter tires are sluggish.

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Hi all
I live in Scandinavia, if you live in similar climate, what are your thoughts about driving on winter tires all year...?

Keep truckin'

Firstone Winterforce. I ran a set on a van for 4 years. However, after the 4th summer, when winter rolled around I had to get new tires.

Reactions: HappyUser
1 - 7 of 7 Posts