Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, don't know why but I've never cruised around in the Santa Fe forum. Been a member of the Hyundai forum for over a year but just hung out in the hybrid section.

So I also haven't looked around much and maybe my issue has already been kicked around and I didn't see it. Here goes anyway.

Winter tires. My originals we're pretty much shot so decided this morning to replace with Nokian WR G2 all-season/winter tires. Based on available winter tire info these things appear to be a good choice, but I realize I should have checked here first.

Anybody got any comments on these, or any other good selections available out there.

Thanks, Barry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bridgestone Blizzaks

The 07 Sante Fe Ltd would make me nervous in bad snow storms. I bought a set of 235/60R-18 Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 XL from Tirerack and it was like a whole new ride.

Put them on our Subaru Legacy and had the same experience. I don't work for any tire company and have no ax to grind, just think they are great

Hey all, don't know why but I've never cruised around in the Santa Fe forum. Been a member of the Hyundai forum for over a year but just hung out in the hybrid section.

So I also haven't looked around much and maybe my issue has already been kicked around and I didn't see it. Here goes anyway.

Winter tires. My originals we're pretty much shot so decided this morning to replace with Nokian WR G2 all-season/winter tires. Based on available winter tire info these things appear to be a good choice, but I realize I should have checked here first.

Anybody got any comments on these, or any other good selections available out there.

Thanks, Barry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone need an 18" set of OEM Wheels (2007-2012) and Bridgestone Blizzaks?

The tires are 235/60R-18 Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 XL with a lot of tread and life left in them.

I am selling them because the transmission went and I sold the car.

Please email or PM me if interested

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an 09 Limited and decided to with the good year ultra grip ice WRT tires. I also went with separate steel rims and downgraded to 16" to save money. I haven't installed them yet but they seem to get really good reviews.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 sante fe it has p235.60.18.will 16 inch tires\rims have an effect on the handling and speed sensor?I notice 16 inch tires have a larger veriaty to choose from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dome lite doesn't work when the door opens,i understand that it has to have a dome light button on it,if thats true,if i replace it with the one that does will that work?also what is the part #

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I have a 2007 sante fe it has p235.60.18.will 16 inch tires\rims have an effect on the handling and speed sensor?I notice 16 inch tires have a larger veriaty to choose from.
I'm sorry, but NO, NO and NO problemo (lots of recent posts with no effort to look around ... just happened to push me over the edge repeating myself!). We've had probably two dozen threads on this topic, some quite recent.

Get some steel 16" rims (and THERE is where you need to check a few threads here to be sure you get it right) and some 235/70-16 tires and you're good to go.

Hint >>> http://www.hyundai-forums.com/187-cm-2007-2012-santa-fe/197609-winter-tires-rims.html

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts