Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been discussed previously - I couldn't find it.
I'm looking to get proper winter tires for my turbo sonata. As many of you have noticed - the OEM tires suck big time in snow and ice.
I'm looking for some recommendations for great winter tires (and possibly good rims as well). I decided to go with 17'' wheels for the winter.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was in the same boat, I read all the reviews about the OEM tires in winter and knew I had to do something. I actually had 2 dreams about driving in snow. At first I was going to go with 215/55 17 winter tires but after thinking about it I did not want my SE to look like a Limited. I decided to go with a set of 225/45 18 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 and then I lucked out a guy on this forum was selling a set with only 6,000 miles on them. I will swap out the Hankooks and Michelins with each season. The reviews on Tire Rack are great for the PA3s, they are an "All Weather" tire versus a pure winter/snow tire thus they ride nice and quiet and so far in one minor snow storm were more than adequate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2.0 터보;1728185 said:
I was in the same boat, I read all the reviews about the OEM tires in winter and knew I had to do something. I actually had 2 dreams about driving in snow. At first I was going to go with 215/55 17 winter tires but after thinking about it I did not want my SE to look like a Limited. I decided to go with a set of 225/45 18 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 and then I lucked out a guy on this forum was selling a set with only 6,000 miles on them. I will swap out the Hankooks and Michelins with each season. The reviews on Tire Rack are great for the PA3s, they are an "All Weather" tire versus a pure winter/snow tire thus they ride nice and quiet and so far in one minor snow storm were more than adequate.
Thank you.
I also heard good things about Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 tires but I think I want actual winter tires. One of the front runners for me right now is Michelin X-Ice Xi3 which is available from DiscountTire.

Any good aftermarket rims that look great on the Sonata, anyone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts