Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAve an opportunity to purchase barely used tires on rims.
rims sports edition A7 Alloy rims 17" by 7.5
bolt circle 5-112mm
off set ET 35
bore 73mm
bridgestone Blizzak 235/65R17 tires are mounted on these rims
Can I use them this winter on my 2012 Santa fe AWD limited

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
@jsvob03
Incorrect. You do NOT want an I.D. (inside diameter) of 73mm on what should be a hub centric rim. You're turning it into a lug centric system. More to the point, it's very easy to get a rim with that exact same bolt pattern that won't fit at all because the I.D. is to small to fit over the hub!

Offset is ALSO far from irrelevant (where is this bad information coming from???) as it can significantly upset the front end geometry if it's far enough out from the original spec.

@retiredjudy
As I posted in another thread here just yesterday...

The rims you're looking for fit a few different cars.

The rims that come on the CM models are ~7" width (although I've seen them called 6.5"), 41mm offset (or at least something in that ballpark) with a 5x114.3mm (4.5") bolt pattern. Make sure that the inner hub diameter is correct. A Honda rim with the 64.1mm hub hole looks like it will fit until you discover you're about 3mm shy (the Hyundai is 67.1mm) of actually getting it mounted. There's also quite a few 60.1mm hub rims in the same bolt pattern that aren't even close. In short, there's a whole lot more 5 x 114.3 rims out there that won't fit than there are ones that will.

There were quite a number of old smaller Chrysler vehicles that used a rim this size (e.g., the Avenger, Stealth, Sebring models up to about '08 or so, Jeep Compass, etc.), and Ford (some Fusion and Escape models, Lincoln MKZ/Zephyr etc.), a whole bunch of Mazda and Mitsubishi models, several different Hyundai and Kia models... they're out there, and it's hard to imagine a junkyard won't be able to find a correct set.

If you wind up trying to go to a 'universal' rim that has an oversized hub I.D., insist that they come with the spacers to bring it back down to the 67.1mm ID.

·
Registered
749 Posts
@jsvob03
Incorrect. You do NOT want an I.D. (inside diameter) of 73mm on what should be a hub centric rim. You're turning it into a lug centric system. More to the point, it's very easy to get a rim with that exact same bolt pattern that won't fit at all because the I.D. is to small to fit over the hub!

Offset is ALSO far from irrelevant (where is this bad information coming from???) as it can significantly upset the front end geometry if it's far enough out from the original spec.

I was referring to that fact that the rims the o.p. was looking at had an incorrect bolt pattern, and would not fit, therefore the remaining measurements were not important as it pertained to that exact rim.

the rest is definitely important lol, just didn't matter for the specific set of rims.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
your bolt circle is 5x114.3 (or 5 x 4.5). all the rest is irrelevant.
Careful. We don't want the OP buying something that won't fit. Many wouldn't know the difference between a hub centric and a bolt centric rim design.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I was referring to that fact that the rims the o.p. was looking at had an incorrect bolt pattern, and would not fit, therefore the remaining measurements were not important as it pertained to that exact rim.

the rest is definitely important lol, just didn't matter for the specific set of rims.
I understood what you meant by that.

·
Registered
539 Posts
get those bridgestone blizzaks, got a near new set off craigslist no rims for like 300 bucks set of 4, great winter traction is better than having 4wd in a FWD santa fe. Best in stopping and best in traction. No tire is very good on ice though. Ride is about the same as stock kumho solus 21's not any more road noise and if some, not hardly noticeable. Just remember to put them on and off below 50 degrees out otherwise will wear quicker over say 60 degrees out since has a very, very soft tread compound. Last winter using them 2500-3000 miles the tread depth on front tires only went down in my FWD only SUV only 1/8" at most and rear tires not even 1/16" down from near new which I think is about 13/32". Remember, almost all winter tires like the blizzaks are directional meaning you cannot cross them only front to back, back to front. New these blizzaks would run in 18" size 800 bucks got a great deal found my local tire shop and he ordered black steel rims for about 60 bucks per rim is all. Looks tough all blacked out in the winter steel rims are cheaper and more durable than aluminum rims and heavier but may rust a tad over the winter but even with my blizzaks I still got 25 avg mpg just like my stock kumhos during summer riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts