Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate, White/Grey
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ahhhhh This is very reassuring to see. I'm getting a winter package that was fitted to a Santa Fe 2020 before and the TPMS is 433MHz as well. So it should work with the '22 Tucson!!
Glad I was able to help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad I was able to help!
Thanks again! I just looked up the Parts Number 52940-L1100 and it corresponds to the TPMS for KIA Seltos Sorrento, K5, and Hyundai Sonata models.
The OEM Tucson 2022 TPMS parts number is reportedly Q5H40-AK000.
They're both 433MHz though.
So did the Dealer confirm with you that this should work with the Tucson, despite the difference in Parts numbers?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Thanks again! I just looked up the Parts Number 52940-L1100 and it corresponds to the TPMS for KIA Seltos Sorrento, K5, and Hyundai Sonata models.
The OEM Tucson 2022 TPMS parts number is reportedly Q5H40-AK000.
They're both 433MHz though.
So did the Dealer confirm with you that this should work with the Tucson, despite the difference in Parts numbers?
I bought them from the dealer … I had no idea about the part numbers. If they don’t work, I’ll deal with it then!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I bought them from the dealer … I had no idea about the part numbers. If they don’t work, I’ll deal with it then!
FYI, just checked my invoice ... it shows part no. as Q5H40-AK000

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I live in Quebec, where did you purchase your TPMS ?
can i take any in 433MHz and it will fit on my tucson hybrid ultimate ?

thank you !

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Luxury Hybrid
36 Posts
I just fitted my Hybrid with new winter wheels today. I got some black 17" winter alloys by RTX and 235/65r17 Goodyear WinterCommand tires.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

I actually like the ride better. It's easier on the speed bumps, but it'll probably cost me a little in mileage. Everything fits well tho

I purchased TPMS's from the dealer. $150 Cdn for the set

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I purchased TPMS's from the dealer. $150 Cdn for the set
I did the same! How do the new sensors “connect” to the car? Was it simply a matter of driving for a short period?

Also, how does the car handle with 17” rubber - is there more body roll in the corners?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did the same! How do the new sensors “connect” to the car? Was it simply a matter of driving for a short period?
I wish I had a better answer. I should. But I sort of shortened the story and I haven't really got it all figured out yet.

I bought the tires from Canadian Tire with haste to get in on a sale (and rebates and a bunch of other crap). When I made the appointment to get them installed, the lady working the counter quoted EZSensors and said they'd work. When I got the service done, nothing about sensors were communicated and they just mounted the tires without sensors and gave me the car back with the dash light on. I didnt let that slide. They let me know they didn't think EZSensors would work, but installed the dealer sensors after I picked them up (so they needed to remount and balance again - no extra charge).

Canadian Tire could not program the sensors to the car, but just having them on the car now has put the dash light out. It doesn't read the tire pressures yet either, so I'm only half way there. I have an appointment at the dealer to program them to the car next Tuesday, so I got a few days to see if they self-learn or if the light comes back. We'll see.

Also, how does the car handle with 17” rubber - is there more body roll in the corners?
It's got a little more body roll, but it always had plenty anyway. The soft compound of the winter tires are sticking really well on the dry payment tho

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I wish I had a better answer. I should. But I sort of shortened the story and I haven't really got it all figured out yet.

I bought the tires from Canadian Tire with haste to get in on a sale (and rebates and a bunch of other crap). When I made the appointment to get them installed, the lady working the counter quoted EZSensors and said they'd work. When I got the service done, nothing about sensors were communicated and they just mounted the tires without sensors and gave me the car back with the dash light on. I didnt let that slide. They let me know they didn't think EZSensors would work, but installed the dealer sensors after I picked them up (so they needed to remount and balance again - no extra charge).

Canadian Tire could not program the sensors to the car, but just having them on the car now has put the dash light out. It doesn't read the tire pressures yet either, so I'm only half way there. I have an appointment at the dealer to program them to the car next Tuesday, so I got a few days to see if they self-learn or if the light comes back. We'll see.
Thanks for the quick, detailed response … hope you get it sorted soon and would appreciate an update when you do!

It's got a little more body roll, but it always had plenty anyway. The soft compound of the winter tires are sticking really well on the dry payment tho
Interesting … I actually feel the body roll with the 19” OEM tires is tolerably controlled. My other car is a 6-spd BMW 340i xDrive so I wasn’t expecting the Tucson to match that! That said, I knew I didn’t want handling to worsen, so I opted for a 19” winter tire solution.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The TPMS's self-learned!

It's funny that nobody could tell me that they would. But it seems to me that they would have to. If the car had to be programmed every time TPMS's were changed, it would need to be programmed every fall & spring when making seasonal swaps. The parts guy at the dealer seemed to think something needed to be programmed once they were installed, but I know EZSensors are programmed before installing. Nobodys know what their doing, but I guess I can cancel that appointment any ways...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The TPMS's self-learned!

It's funny that nobody could tell me that they would. But it seems to me that they would have to. If the car had to be programmed every time TPMS's were changed, it would need to be programmed every fall & spring when making seasonal swaps. The parts guy at the dealer seemed to think something needed to be programmed once they were installed, but I know EZSensors are programmed before installing. Nobodys know what their doing, but I guess I can cancel that appointment any ways...
Perfect - GTK!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
In case anyone is interested, here's what I opted to do ...

Deciding to stick with the OEM size, I purchased 4 Blizzak DM-V2 235/55R19 tires from Costco; managed to get it on Labour Day sale at $200 off for buying a set of 4.

To avoid potential compatibility issues, I bought the set of 4 OEM TPMS sensors from the dealer.

Rather than go with alloys, I opted for 4 of these 19x7.5 steel wheels: DTD 2009 951401 | FREE SHIPPING CANADA |DTD 2009 Steel Wheel Black - PartsEngine Canada
In terms of mounting hole spacing and centre bore, the specs were bang on; the only potential issue was offset. I'm now happy to confirm I've received the wheels and tested them for fitment - there's plenty of space around these wheels so I don't anticipate any issues when the tires are mounted. I've also been assured, there should be no issues with using the OEM lug nuts, so no need to purchase anything else.
I have the Luxury Hybrid trim and I'm looking to get wheels and tires as well. I see these wheels you got are offset 40. Do you know what is the offset range that would work?
I'm currently looking at these (they seem to identical to those the care came with) which are offset 50:

Thanks in advance. This thread is really helpful!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Sorry @Liviu , I couldn’t find the spec for that … that’s why I had to remove the front wheel to test the fitment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
According to Canadawheels.ca (where I think I might have began my search), a 2022 Tucson Luxury Hybrid should have an offset range of 35-51 mm. That seems typical the Hyundai hub - 67.1 mm. But then you have a closer look and the same site lists the wrong OE tire size, so take it all with a grain of salt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I have a similar question as the OP. I have a set of 225/55/18 winter tires. Anyone knows if I can use these on the Luxury Hybrid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all,

I have a similar question as the OP. I have a set of 225/55/18 winter tires. Anyone knows if I can use these on the Luxury Hybrid?

Thanks!
I like to use this site for comparison. It helps you visualize the new tire and calculate speedometer difference by allowing you to enter the OE tire size and the size you're considering

A 225/55/18 tire has an overall 1.5" smaller diameter and would result in a 5.1% overage speedometer miscalculation (from the OE 235/55/19 tires). That will only lower the ride height half of that. But do you want the odometer adding 5% more than you're actually travelling?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Thanks!
Since the OE size is 235/55R19, the correct 18” fitment would be 235/60R18235 maintains the tire width, 60 for a taller tire to account for the 1” drop in wheel size (i.e. 60% as tall as the tire is wide, compared to the original 55%), and 18 is the wheel size.

One other spec of note is the “Revolutions Per Mile” (or km). This definitively identifies how many turns the tire will rotate per mile (or km) which allows a direct comparison to the OE tire to ensure your speedometer/odometer is as accurate as possible and the electronic nannies like traction control, torque vectoring, etc, don’t get messed up.

For example, the 235/55R19 Michelin Primacy A/S tires that came on my car are spec’d at 713 revs/mi (445 revs/km); compare this to what I bought for winter, the Blizzak DM-V2 in the same size, at 714 revs/mi. Not all manufacturers publish this figure but most do. I would most trust specs direct from the manufacturer, but sites like tirerack.com tend to be accurate also. As I already said, the compatible 18" tire would be 235/60R18, but a Blizzak DM-V2 in that size has 716 revs/mi; so you see why you should look at all the specs before deciding.

Lastly, you also need to be mindful of maintaining an appropriate load and speed rating.

·
Registered
22 Tucson Ultimate (Limited) Hybrid, Crimson Red
24 Posts
Got my winter boots this past Monday. Went with Michelin X-Ice Snow 235/65/17 and opted for the cheapest black alloy's. Didn't want stealies as my stealies from my previous car had lots of rust. Didn't want a repeat. Rims were a direct fit and didn't require any spacers or new lug nuts. I bought my TPMS sensors from hyundai directly for 147.95 + tax. Can confirm what another poster said in this thread that it is self learning. And to add to that it is plug and play. The Canadian Tire Tech was getting an error code when he tried to program it. I told em to just install the TPMS and I would go to the dealer to get it programmed. Low and behold after driving for about 10km's all the tpms values showed up.

So PSA: if you decide to go for the OEM TPMS from Hyundai (part # Q5H40-AK000) it does not need to be programmed. Make sure you ask the tire shop to not charge you for programming. Canadian Tire charged me 60 + tax. I had to return to get a refund. From my experience, I say opt to get the OEM TPMS and save yourself the headache. YMMV. Cheers.

Edit: Make sure your all season's are not in your Tucson when you are trying to "teach" the new OEM TPMS. It won't "learn" since the old one's are still near by.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
826 Posts
They look great. Where did you end up getting the wheels? Canadian Tire? Which rims are they?

And also, even though snow tires, how do the Michelin's ride? Comfort, road noise?

And from looking from what I can see, are the tires uni-directional?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts