Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what other vehicles have the same bolt pattern and offset as the santa fe? I believe the sorento? And idea what years? I'm debating on new or a lightly used set off a 2011 Sorento.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
There are lots of sites that will tell you the bolt pattern off a specific vehicle, but have not found one that identifies all the cars for a specific bolt pattern.

This is one where you can at least check the bolt pattern for the Sorrento and other Kia/Hyundai vehicles:

Rim Bolt Pattern Reference Guide RimBoltPattern.com

The difficulty is, none that I am aware of provide the specific offset. Rather they only note Low Medium or High.

FYI, I suspect you know, but the specs for ours is 5x114.3, 7.5", hub of 67.1, offset of +49.5.

Our bolt pattern is fairly common (my Highlander is the same), but what often differs is the hole for the hub. If the hole in the wheel is smaller, it will not fit obviously. If larger, you have the option of filling that space when mounting (to ensure centering and no vibration) with some nylon hub-centric rings.

Looks like I will be using my OEM 19" as my winter wheels. Just need to find some rubber, and will likely start my search soon.

Good luck.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone ever delt with the bridgestone blizzak ws70? I got a price today at Costco. 4 steel wheels, 4 tires installed and balanced for $980 tax in. Seems like a wicked deal to me. I've never had blizzak though. My other car has Firestone winterforce and I LOVE them. If I don't go this route I'll go winterforce.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Seems like a good deal to me based on what I have found.

I have never been a fan of Blizzak because they have a history of wearing out very quickly. I had Toyo before and they were awesome. But in the 235-55-19, it is the least expensive of the winter tires. The Toyo's are just crazy expensive.

I am looking at about $230 per installed for the Blizzak DM-V1, going on my stock 19" wheels.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with you about wearing quickly, that seems to be the general concensus among all reviews I've read. That said my wife works from home so it's not like she commutes everyday. As well I am a firm believer that winter tires should not last more than 3-4 years max, otherwise they are too hard to be effective anyways. Im also the last person to put on my winters, and the first to take them off so they won't be run in warmer weather at all.
I'm gonna try them out. Under a grand for a whole package is excellent especially for 17's. If I don't like them I won't buy buy them again.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I agree with you about wearing quickly, that seems to be the general concensus among all reviews I've read. That said my wife works from home so it's not like she commutes everyday. As well I am a firm believer that winter tires should not last more than 3-4 years max, otherwise they are too hard to be effective anyways. Im also the last person to put on my winters, and the first to take them off so they won't be run in warmer weather at all.
I'm gonna try them out. Under a grand for a whole package is excellent especially for 17's. If I don't like them I won't buy buy them again.
My thinking as well. I don't drive the XL to work so it sits in our garage during the day. I average 10-12K kms per year, so I figure these should at least last me until my next trade.

The whole timing of swapping out can be tricky. I do the same...wait as long as I can before putting on the winters and taking them off as soon as weather warms. However, a couple of years I got burned at the front and tail end of winter, when we got massive unexpected snowstorms that caught me by surprise.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My thinking as well. I don't drive the XL to work so it sits in our garage during the day. I average 10-12K kms per year, so I figure these should at least last me until my next trade.

The whole timing of swapping out can be tricky. I do the same...wait as long as I can before putting on the winters and taking them off as soon as weather warms. However, a couple of years I got burned at the front and tail end of winter, when we got massive unexpected snowstorms that caught me by surprise.
Lol. I know. I took them on and off twice last year!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yeah, you got a good deal on those. Even at the going rate for the tires, you paid around $33 a wheel based on my calcs.

I was looking at tirerack, both Yokos I got for my summer wheels, and for the Blizzaks. US is a cheap alternative, but once you factor in shipping to somewhere close to the border, and possible taxes and duties you will pay (I say possible because some folks have reported some border agents have let them re-enter without paying either), gas to get across the border (and your time), it's not a steal of a price. Plus, you have to factor install. I note that many local shops are pricing competitively because they know folks will take the effort to go pick them up and get them installed at a shop just across the border. Point being, one has to take all costs into consideration.

BTW, I Bridgestone.ca is showing a $70 visa prepaid offer, and Costco has $70 rebate (for Bridgestones purchased before Oct 6). Actually, now that I think of it, did your price include the $70 rebate?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Your Costco wheels are they steel ,probably are - still A smoking deal! Did you phone ahead to order them or are they both stock items?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the price I told you included the rebate.

Yes they are steel wheels, but they are hubcentric not universal which is good. I just bought the wheels online from Costco.ca (you have to they have free shipping to your house), go to Costco and pay for the tires and they'll order them. Once in take your wheels in and have them mounted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just bought four steels wheels (hubcentric) and four Yokohama IG51V , installed, balanced and delivered for $1002.72 after the rebate from Yokohama from ''PneusBasPrix.com ''...Would have cost more at Cotsco in Quebec (I guess the tax are higher and we have eco fees for each new tires $3.00 per tire...)

Yves

Here is the review:
http://tirereviewsandmore.com/yokohama-ice-guard-ig51v-reviews.php

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just bought four steels wheels (hubcentric) and four Yokohama IG51V , installed, balanced and delivered for $1002.72 after the rebate from Yokohama from ''PneusBasPrix.com ''...Would have cost more at Cotsco in Quebec (I guess the tax are higher and we have eco fees for each new tires $3.00 per tire...)

Yves

Here is the review:
Yokohama Ice Guard IG51V Tire Review & Rating
Don't you still need to go to the shop to get the TPMS set?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

Yves

Here is the review:
Yokohama Ice Guard IG51V Tire Review & Rating

I have decided on the Toyo Observe GSI-5. Can get here in Ontario for $240 per installed and balanced plus tax. $10 more per tire than Blizzak, but all shops I have called said a better tire for snow, noise and longer lasting. But I note at PneusBasPrix, I can get each tire for $203.52 shipped plus tax.

May I ask if you got yours installed at a local shop, and how much you paid just for the install and balance?

If I can get install for less than $20 a tire, might be worth it. Although, I don't know what I am getting until its here. Don't want to get stuck with tires that have faults or that might have been manufactured last year or even older...always a risk to buying on line.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts