Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to replace the windshield wiper pump.
I have a 2000 elantra
anyone done this?

How shall I start?
LA

·
Registered
422 Posts
Your washer bottle is on the left hand side of the vehicle (when looking from the front).
ou will need to raise the car to be able to gain access to underneath of the washer bottle.

You will be required to remove the stone tray that is underneath the washer bottle in order to access the pump.

Once you have completed this, you will then need to emove two small hoses from the pump motor, which is located in the side of the washer bottle (you will see it once you are under there).
Remove the wiring connector and the pull out the pump.
Be sure, that if the rubber seal comes out with the motor, put this back into the side of the bottle before attempting to fit your new washer pump.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by lorraineallen@Aug 8 2004, 04:13 PM
I have a 2000 elantra
anyone done this?

How shall I start?
LA
[snapback]707[/snapback]​

Dear friend I have replaced the little pump of the windshield wipers.
It is Easy.
You can use the original Hyundai or that of Peugeot 206 that it is the same one except for the electric plug,that you must replace it.
But if you get that of Hyundai it is better because you don't have to make any adaptation.
The bomb is plugged in the deposit of water of the right side under the right guardafangos.
You should take out the protector of black plastic (they are some few screws) just above-before of the right front wheel.
If to take out the wheel first will be you but easy, although it is not indispensable.
The pump is setting to pressure, ribbons firmly and pull it out, then carefully you follow the electric cable, you locate in plug, you unplug it.
Then you place the new one undoing everything that you made.
It is very Easy ahead.
Then tell me how it result.

Cordial greetings

Néstor of Montevideo - Uruguay

·
Registered
14 Posts
;) :p :p
Originally posted by lorraineallen@Aug 8 2004, 04:13 PM
I have a 2000 elantra
anyone done this?

How shall I start?
LA
[snapback]707[/snapback]​

:) Hi Lorriane. I had the same prob with my past Sonata, thought the pump had lost it's sqirting power. Pulled it out very simelure to your car, found the filter full of gunk, cleaned it clean & vulare working again cost nothing $, only a little time.

hope your's is the same. strokie. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts