Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends
I debadged the black 2013 santa fe sport and plasti dipped the grill black.. Now im ready to replace the "H" badges...
What do you think of the Santa Fe winged badges? They look like the Genesis badges but say Santa fe..

Thoughts
A

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So.. What emblems do you like? Other than the "H". I like the wings on the wheel center caps and steering wheel more than any other option..

·
Registered
884 Posts
So.. What emblems do you like? Other than the "H". I like the wings on the wheel center caps and steering wheel more than any other option..
I`m not into re-badging,..but,..if you go to 'search this forum' at the top of the main thread page, and search for 'emblem', you will come up with 10 threads talking about this...Some posts supply links that contain numberous emblems/badges to choose from...some good info there..I`m sure you`ll find something you like...:D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Meh... not for me... looks like a bat-mobile logo or something.... or a shrunken Chrysler logo

·
Registered
263 Posts
I kinda like it but re-badging and even DE-badging to me seems a little pretentious. You bought a Hyundai Santa Fe, it's a nice looking car and the company has come a long way so are you not proud of your purchase?

No offense to the OP... Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
:eek: I have seen more subtle ones than the one you're proposing. I would just caution that some of those others also reminded me of Mazda emblem. Anyway, go with what you like...it's your vehicle.

I kinda like it but re-badging and even DE-badging to me seems a little pretentious. You bought a Hyundai Santa Fe, it's a nice looking car and the company has come a long way so are you not proud of your purchase?

No offense to the OP... Just my opinion.
Debadging is not pretentious. Owners of various makes and models do it. Some folks just want to make their vehicles look different, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Personally, I don't mind the "H"s and have kept mine, but I have removed the rest of the badging on my SF XL. I just much prefer the clean look of my hatch not having all those darn identifiers on it. Diff strokes....

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the De-Badge as well, I went with the Wing Style Sana Fe Emblem Kit, it had front rear, 4 wheel center caps and the steering wheel. I think its a personal choice, not a matter of not liking Hyundai brand, it's a personalization, and makes my SF "mine" and different than the rest. I do get people asking, "What kind of SUV is that"? So to each his own!!! Enjoy!!!:D

·
Registered
542 Posts
I always thought that hyundai logo looked ugly and cheap even before i owned one. Chevrolet is another one that is ugly to me. I see nothing wrong with rebadging and most of the logos available look much better. The stares you get from some passing vehicle's is funny too.

Sent from my SCH-I535

1 - 20 of 22 Posts