Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windshield wipers on my 2001 Sonata have stopped working, when i turn them on, they dont move at all. Its winter up here and i need them pronto, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

have the wipers frozen to the screen?

have you checked the fuse?

we really need some more information on this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When i go to turn them on, nothing happens. They are in the down position, and dont even move at all. At first they twitched a little, or they would go up really slow and wouldnt make it the whole day, and then i would have to do it by hand to get them in the down position. I havent done anytihng yet, i just tried to look for the fuse but this is my first time working on a car so i have no clue. i was just curious if anyone had any ideas

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
it sounds as if one of two things may have happened first one or both of the spindles that work the wiper arms have seized up or two the wiper motor has burnt out. if you want to check the fuse its in the fuse box under the dash. if you are not sure about the workings of your vehicle you are going to need some help

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Tighten the nut at the base of each wiper arm...

Here in the states when it snows or ices, people think they can just turn the wipers on and go..... WRONG !! rips the arms loose from from the shafts..

Need to manually lift wiper off window to make sure they not stuck first, and clean away excess debris... they not made to move a mountain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts