Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side windshield wiper is missing a band about 3" wide in the middle.
I bought aftermarket blades but is still missing the same band.
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
What aftermarket brand did you get? I've had really good results with Bosch Clear Advantage and some really horrible results with ANCO Contour. The ACDelco Clear Vision were... okay but nothing special.

My Bosch are two years old and starting to show their age but they get a lot of use down here in Florida. I'll either be going back to the Clear Advantage or moving up to the Icon.

·
22,788 Posts
My drivers side windshield wiper is missing a band about 3" wide in the middle.
I bought aftermarket blades but is still missing the same band.
Any ideas?
The only thing that rattles my brain is that itsy-bitsy triangular area that the two wipers don't reach. It's the gap difference between the 13" blade and the 28" on the down stroke. Not a big area. Couple inches high, maybe an inch at the bottom, forming a triangle. But for someone as OCD as I am? Grr... I'm probably the only one that ever sees this and I've learned to live with it, possibly, maybe, I hope. But if a passenger got in and brought it to my attention? I'd probably get white-knuckled from grasping the steering wheel. :wink2:

That's why I try to keep fresh Rain-X on the windshield so I don't have to use the wipers and glance over there and see it. LMAO

It's really not that big of a deal, it's really not that big of a deal...it's really... :wacko:

·
Registered
807 Posts
The only thing that rattles my brain is that itsy-bitsy triangular area that the two wipers don't reach. It's the gap difference between the 13" blade and the 28" on the down stroke. Not a big area. Couple inches high, maybe an inch at the bottom, forming a triangle. But for someone as OCD as I am? Grr... I'm probably the only one that ever sees this and I've learned to live with it, possibly, maybe, I hope. But if a passenger got in and brought it to my attention? I'd probably get white-knuckled from grasping the steering wheel. :wink2:

That's why I try to keep fresh Rain-X on the windshield so I don't have to use the wipers and glance over there and see it. LMAO

It's really not that big of a deal, it's really not that big of a deal...it's really... :wacko:
This sounds like a Invention waiting to happen "neccessity is the mother of invention"
Maybe add a small third wiper that cleans that little triangle? Tricky part would be synchronizing the stroke to "miss" the other two wipers.
This could be a million dollar idea!

·
22,788 Posts
This sounds like a Invention waiting to happen "neccessity is the mother of invention"
Maybe add a small third wiper that cleans that little triangle? Tricky part would be synchronizing the stroke to "miss" the other two wipers.
This could be a million dollar idea!
This is conjuring up a warped scenario of Goldilocks & The Three Bears with their porridge fiasco. Driver's blade is too long, passenger's blade is too short, but the middle blade is "just right."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts