Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear washer fluid works fine but the front has up and stopped. It seems that both front and rear are running off the same pump and reservoir (conveintly tucked in the left front wheel well where myself I am unable to access it). Do you think that it is just a plugged hose or something more serious?

Thanks in advance,

Jayson

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
it could be a blockage, do you hear th punp when you wash the front ?? If not, then the pump is gone & must be replaced. Yes, the pump does both windows; it runs clock wise for front & counter clock for the rear (or it may be the other way round).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just another question on the washer pump...

Is there any way to increase the pressure output from the pump as have just fitted some replacement washer jets (two singlejet, wide spray as opposed to two twin jets) and though when stationary they are ok, when moving the jets just spray onto the wipers.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
NOP; the nozles MUST be adjusted so, that the spray hit's the upper edge of the wipe surface (the inner ones slightly lower). At high speed, they will then be just right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so if the pump in bi-directional and I can hear it when the rear is working but nothing when I try the front washer fluid. Does anyone think the pump is hooped or a wiring short?

Thanks in advance,

Jayson

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a smilar problem, the back workes fine, but the frount is hit and miss, some times they just don;t work and others i have to pump it up, e.g. turning them on then off then on again. and if i'm lucky i might be able to get some water out. i've checked the pump and the pipes and i can't c anything like a blockage. i can blow all the way through.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the oppposite issue....

My front is running ok, the rear does not want to spray!!! :(

is there maybe anything else to try before replacing the pump????

thx
:grin:

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
can you hear the pump working when you try to work the rear washers? if you can then there is probably a blockage in the washer jet or pipe, if you hear nothing the pump or the wiring connector is faulty

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem just a month ago. Although i could hear the pump noise the pump was definitelly not working i ahve changed all of the pipes but still nothing. Decided to change the pump myself and since then no probs. So, just change it it is not so expensive to do it yourself anyway :grin:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I checked it out today....

PUMP deffinetly works (I can hear it) :grin:
..it seems the pipe is stuck somewhere.... I'll try to blow it off and clean it up....

Will keep you posted on the progess... :p

Thx for the tip

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
it is possible that although you can hear the pump 'working' it is not actually pumping any water. as HIVE has mentioned it is easy and quite cheap to change the pump if this is the case

·
Registered
4 Posts
hiya mate i had the same problem if you get down near the wheel theres a bit of plastic tht actually unclips/snaps off u just pull the motor out of the bottle beware o the gushing water as i got a face full lol! undo the electric clip and water pipe its self... mine was actually blocked a thourugh cleaning did the trick but purchased some spares from scrap yard £3 as halfords wanted £25!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all
See my problem is...i think my Wiper Motor is done in my 98 Accent sport...the rear wiper workes fine...but nothing happens when i try to turn on my front wipers...and for some strange reason when i press the rear washer button it sprays in my front????
Anyway...im trying to see if its ablown fuse but im not tooo sure which fuse it is..(i lost my manual)...So is it a fuse on the diverside or in the use box under the hood???? or is it my mortor i need replaced????
any help would be great!!!!! thank you in advance!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts