Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Santa Fe with a 3.5 V6 AWD 6 spd Automatic loaded incl butt warmers>:D which the dogs find a way to step on the switches on Hot summer days!:frown:

The Windshield Washer Pump (with Front & Rear supply ability) quite working about 5 weeks ago! I pulled the Windshield Washer Pump out, Opened it, Cleaned Rust off the little rotor & stator housing, clear-coat paint, reassembled the pump and got 3 more weeks of good function from it! Dead again! Pulled the pump and installed 2 NEW after market Pumps! They DON'T function! They Bench test well! NAPA guy thinks there must be low Voltage at the Windshield Washer Pump Wiring harness connection! I'm thinking I agree! Question: Does the Wiper Relay supply power to the Windshield Washer Pump, or is the 13.3V Power just directly routed through the 2 switches on the wiper arm/control?

Greysh

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
2005 Santa Fe with a 3.5 V6 AWD 6 spd Automatic loaded incl butt warmers>:D which the dogs find a way to step on the switches on Hot summer days!:frown:

The Windshield Washer Pump (with Front & Rear supply ability) quite working about 5 weeks ago! I pulled the Windshield Washer Pump out, Opened it, Cleaned Rust off the little rotor & stator housing, clear-coat paint, reassembled the pump and got 3 more weeks of good function from it! Dead again! Pulled the pump and installed 2 NEW after market Pumps! They DON'T function! They Bench test well! NAPA guy thinks there must be low Voltage at the Windshield Washer Pump Wiring harness connection! I'm thinking I agree! Question: Does the Wiper Relay supply power to the Windshield Washer Pump, or is the 13.3V Power just directly routed through the 2 switches on the wiper arm/control?

Greysh
It looks like the washer pump gets power directly from Fuse#31 and ground path through Washer Switch, please check attached diagrams for detail.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts