Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is normal. But, when I fill up the windshield washer container there
is a section towards the front higher up that no fluid goes. Its like it is sectioned off or maybe mine is made wrong.

Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
The over-fill tube?

That when the fluid run out the top when it full, then you put the blue plastic cap back over top of filler neck

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Maybe this is normal. But, when I fill up the windshield washer container there
is a section towards the front higher up that no fluid goes. Its like it is sectioned off or maybe mine is made wrong.

Has anyone else seen this?

You have maybe 1 to 1.5 gallon juice in the bottle when it pour over the fill neck when full..

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
That when the fluid run out the top when it full, then you put the blue plastic cap back over top of filler neck
I know you're trying to be funny...but that's why I put the "?" there! :nerd:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my photo you can see the blue windshield washer fluid is almost all the way to the top of the filler neck.
But, there is no fluid where the arrow is pointing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,846 Posts
Is the empty area solid plastic? Maybe it's for strength.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

My fluid container looks the same as well.
It looks like there is a compartment/divider at that point...making an air-gap. Not to worry! :wink2:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
They would not waste plastic...
Oh, my... Beating a dead horse again. WHO CARES if it works.
If you really want to know, I suggest to write a scientific letter to Hyundai CEO, Korean head of state, include ******* Trump, add Mrs. Merkel and for the good measure few Arab prices and kings.
Demand, not just ask, DEMAND explanations WHY there is a piece of plastic, part of container EMPTY??? WHY? WHY?

And if you have nothing else to do in your life, empty it, remove it, inspect it, x-ray it, try MRI - you never know... and write nice study how to improve design. Submit to above folks with your recommendation and for strong consideration. I see Nobel prize is lurking around corner...

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Take it easy...I'm not the OP here! :rolleyes: (I do like the asterisked part!)

Reactions: Parteklman909
1 - 17 of 17 Posts