Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the GT warn you when the windshield washer fluid is low? I topped up mine last week it nearly took a bottle and a half. Was wondering if it would go empty or warn me on the dash somewhre...
Thanks in advance

·
22,788 Posts
Gus, are you talking about a "gallon" sized bottle? Holy cow, if so.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine warns you on the instrument cluster. I put in a gallon jug and it seemed like there was more space to go to fill it completely.

·
22,788 Posts
I had no idea. I usually just top mine off every week or so, as needed when I'm checking my belts, hoses, oil and fluid levels. That's right. You read it correctly, I check that stuff religiously. Takes all of 3-4 minutes. Besides, it sure beats sitting in the house in the winter listening to Ms. OkieRich ramble on and on about some mundane, unimportant, something or the other. ;)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Yes. It shows up on the trip computer "Low washer fluid" but don't worry you're still good for a lot of uses before it goes completely empty. And once it shows up it doesn't go away easily. It keeps coming back even if you toggle the trip screen so you end up filling it quite fast ;)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I had no idea. I usually just top mine off every week or so, as needed when I'm checking my belts, hoses, oil and fluid levels. That's right. You read it correctly, I check that stuff religiously. Takes all of 3-4 minutes. Besides, it sure beats sitting in the house in the winter listening to Ms. OkieRich ramble on and on about some mundane, unimportant, something or the other. ;)
Oh my --- I hope she doesn't read what you just posted.....
or you could be open for blackmail :=)

·
22,788 Posts
Oh my --- I hope she doesn't read what you just posted.....
or you could be open for blackmail :=)
I haven't posted one thing on here about Ms. OkieRich that she hasn't heard me say behind her back! :wink2: And after 42 years, she's pretty much heard it all.

In fact, after reading this first post, I asked her later that evening if she needed washer fluid. Her reply, "How would I know? I've been too busy with all of this Christmas shopping, and the New Year get together with the kids, and the..., and the..., and the...," yada-yada-yada, ad nauseam...

So, I checked her Tucson. Yep, sure enough, I poured about a half gallon of Rain-X washer fluid down the filler neck. It would have taken more, but it was MY gallon! Guess I'll have to buy a gallon for HER!!!!!!!! I'll wrap it up in some leftover Christmas paper and hide it under the rear storage cover for her to find. Makes me look like a great guy in her eyes, right fellas? :thumbsup:

·
22,788 Posts
I know like me you check the tire pressures too...
EVERY week! With a dial AND and an electronic gauge for comparisons. And rotate every 3-4k. Well, I don't rotate them. Tire shop does. And I'm on the alert to see how they do it, now. After that info you supplied me with. And yes, I have a tread depth gauge in the console. Not the Lincoln penny one, a real one.

And if Ms. O is really rambling, I'll check the tire tread depth in about 5 different places on all 4 tires. Takes longer, that way. LOL

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
EVERY week! With a dial AND and an electronic gauge for comparisons. And rotate every 3-4k. Well, I don't rotate them. Tire shop does. And I'm on the alert to see how they do it, now. After that info you supplied me with. And yes, I have a tread depth gauge in the console. Not the Lincoln penny one, a real one.

And if Ms. O is really rambling, I'll check the tire tread depth in about 5 different places on all 4 tires. Takes longer, that way. LOL
:D I have no idea what you mean.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Last week I realized I've been using the washer fluid a lot so better top it up even though the warning light had not come on. I put a full 4 litre jug in and it still wasn't full.
OkieRich, I give my wife a case of fluid every Christmas, saves me listening to her complain about running out. I even put some of it in for her every once in a while. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Married?!

I don't ever knock anyone's marriage but I am so happy not being married after two tries of my one . I guess its nice to have it all your own way , I'd hate to give it up. I have a couple of very nice widows so can always make s call have a nice evening out with someone who only wants to enjoy the evening or a week end and then go back to the status quo .

·
22,788 Posts
^^ LOL "IF" I had 5 tires, I would do each of them. But since Hyundai doesn't think it's important to include a spare tire in the trunk for us folks south of the border, we only have to check 4. ;) Haven't had a spare tire since the 2011 in March of that year. Sort of gotten used to the idea of no spare, now. So much so, that I don't even think about it any longer. Funny how that works, huh?

·
Registered
133 Posts
You don't get a spacesaver spare? My GT has a a funky red one.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
^^ LOL "IF" I had 5 tires, I would do each of them. But since Hyundai doesn't think it's important to include a spare tire in the trunk for us folks south of the border, we only have to check 4. ;) Haven't had a spare tire since the 2011 in March of that year. Sort of gotten used to the idea of no spare, now. So much so, that I don't even think about it any longer. Funny how that works, huh?
Oh you will remember when your tire is flat and that wonderful can of air goo doesn't work when it cold outside. (my wife's GT did come with a temp tire)

·
Registered
343 Posts
One year of ownership and I still haven't gotten a warning of low washer fluid. Must be a heckuva large reservoir. Don't use it often, I must say.

Geoff

1 - 20 of 24 Posts