Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations? There are various types, of course.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The sunshades I use, all have reflective material on the outside, and they make all the difference in the world keeping
the cabin temp down. Just make certain you buy one that fits the car, correct length/width.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
covercraft. they make a foldable one that is kinda bulky, but it will give the best(imho) protection. we also have front windshield tint on both our cars, helps a lot with heat. but if your car sits out in the sun, nothing will stop it from heating up inside, and the interior will absorb a lot of heat

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
covercraft. they make a foldable one that is kinda bulky, but it will give the best(imho) protection. we also have front windshield tint on both our cars, helps a lot with heat. but if your car sits out in the sun, nothing will stop it from heating up inside, and the interior will absorb a lot of heat
Thanks, a good suggestion. They are quite pricey.

Unfortunately, they are not yet available for the ‘22 Tucson. I phoned and they said to check back in about 5 months. Urk!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This style has worked well for me in the past, but it’s not working well on my new Tucson. The edges of the shades dig into the crack between the dash and windshield. Normally, that’s not a problem, HOWEVER, there seems to be a sticky sealer residue in one area of the crack that is snagging the shade. Not a good thing to mess with and impossible to troubleshoot without removing the windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I used an umbrella type sunshade and worked well for my trip down to Arizona. Many to choose from Amazon.
Do the edges get snagged in the crevices around the windshield, as mentioned in my post above?

I can see the umbrella whacking the piano black dash too. No bueno if that happens.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do the edges get snagged in the crevices around the windshield, as mentioned in my post above?

I can see the umbrella whacking the piano black dash too. No bueno if that happens.

The one I got has rounded corners and it surprisingly fits the full width and length of windshield with just some light getting through in the corners.

No issues with the umbrella handle hitting the dash. The handle actually sits freely once you use the visors to set the shade in place.

This is the exact one I got but there are many more options out there:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VDTSFX5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The one I got has rounded corners and it surprisingly fits the full width and length of windshield with just some light getting through in the corners.

No issues with the umbrella handle hitting the dash. The handle actually sits freely once you use the visors to set the shade in place.

This is the exact one I got but there are many more options out there:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VDTSFX5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks. Maybe I’ll give it a try. Amazon has free returns, after all. WHICH SIZE FITS?

I’m still nervous about the handle hitting the piano black.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks. Maybe I’ll give it a try. Amazon has free returns, after all. WHICH SIZE FITS?

I’m still nervous about the handle hitting the piano black.
I got the smaller size

Truth be told it is a bit flimsy and wouldn't be considered long term but it's cheap

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I got the smaller size

Truth be told it is a bit flimsy and wouldn't be considered long term but it's cheap
Thanks! I ordered one with a silver side facing out. Also got a discount so it cost $14 +. Delivery on Saturday. I suppose you could alway put a tennis ball, etc. over the handle to soften it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts