Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two months ago I had a free coupon for a spray wax from a car wash. I figured I would try it, and if I didn't like it I could always hand wax it again myself (I usually hand wax twice a year as it is). So to my surprise it actually came out quite nicely. I was a little curious when they sprayed the windows and windshield but I figured it was a spray and didn't matter so much.

Now, I have a horrible streaking problem where I believe the wax is being pushed around and where my right wiped blade stops it looks as if my windshield is not wiping. I've tried hand cleaning the windshield and cleaning my wiper blades but nothing seems to be working. I highly doubt its my wiper blades also because they're only 6 months old and I take good care of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove the wax that's on the windshield so it stops streaking? I've tried cleaning it three or four times...it doesn't want to come off. I'm hoping there's some solution out there.

·
Registered
461 Posts
About two months ago I had a free coupon for a spray wax from a car wash. I figured I would try it, and if I didn't like it I could always hand wax it again myself (I usually hand wax twice a year as it is). So to my surprise it actually came out quite nicely. I was a little curious when they sprayed the windows and windshield but I figured it was a spray and didn't matter so much.

Now, I have a horrible streaking problem where I believe the wax is being pushed around and where my right wiped blade stops it looks as if my windshield is not wiping. I've tried hand cleaning the windshield and cleaning my wiper blades but nothing seems to be working. I highly doubt its my wiper blades also because they're only 6 months old and I take good care of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove the wax that's on the windshield so it stops streaking? I've tried cleaning it three or four times...it doesn't want to come off. I'm hoping there's some solution out there.
bon ami works or try kitchen de greaser with dishsoap, don't put any of that water repellant on your windshield, that's what wipers are for..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Using dishsoap will remove wax from your car, but I don't believe that it takes it all off, and the streaking you see on the windshield is what the soap won't remove. It won't take much residue from the wax to cause streaking on the glass.

I use steelwool grade (0000) on my windshield and the glass is smooth and clean. You will have to use the steelwool on the wipers edge also to remove the waxy residue. Just be sure to use the proper grade steelwool, (0000) is super fine and is the only grade that should be used.

Do a YouTube search on cleaning your windshield with steelwool to watch how it's done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts