Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Can anyone assist with rear bumper and windshield scuttle removal on the new (2018) i10?

We had a mice infestation on our scenic (took the whole interior out, found 3 nests in total) and I found some signs of mice roaming the i10's engine bay (droppings and minor chewing marka on the spark plug wire grommet).

So I'd like to take off the rear bumper to put some inox mesh on the cabin air release flaps (that was an entry point on our scenic) and take off the scuttle to inspect the are around cabin air intake to see if they've dragged some junk in there or built a nest.

I could do with instructions, or with just tips if anyone's done it, just so I don't break any hidden clipa or something.

Also, if anyone has an easy way of removing windshield wiper without the puller tool, please share.

Cheers!

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
Also, if anyone has an easy way of removing windshield wiper without the puller tool, please share.
Switch the wipers on then switch the ignition off when the blades are vertical on the screen so they stop in that position.
Now remove the nuts that secure the arms to the spindle, then hold the arm up where the blade attaches and shake back and forth.
That's usually enough to break them free on a fairly new car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to be clear, I should move the arm up as if I wanted to replace the blade? Thanks for the tip, on the scenic I pressed them down near the spindle while they were laying flat on the windshield and jiggled them about. They released but it took quite an effort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts