Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 SF LTD 3.3
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you suggest windshield brand you are happy with?

Wide spread Chinese , US made or Canada made glass?
(I have Pilkington, not much impressed)

Thx,

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had a FUYAO installed this year. I am very happy with it. It was surprising to see how the original windshield had faded over over it's 11 years. The new one is very clear.
Just be careful when you order the windshield you make sure that you get the right one.
I ran into a bit of a hassle getting SAFE LITE to get it right. They supposedly ordered it with my VIN. The 1st appointment was a 2 week wait at my home, which they cancelled that afternoon, an hour after he was supposed to be there, due to receiving a broken one. They could have called me in the morning instead of having me wait for him all day. It was another 2 weeks till the next one, and the installer came out and said he was given the wrong one, I needed a different one due to the rear view mirror having self dimming and compass.
I then went to their shop and asked for one of their technicians to come out to make sure the next one would be correct with my factory installed options. Two more weeks pass for the next installation. The technician arrives and starts prepping the new glass, and then tells me they ordered the wrong one again. This time because I had the electric defrost, which they should have noticed when I brought it to their shop 2 weeks earlier. So finally after another 2 week wait, they finally had the right one.

·
Registered
2009 SF LTD 3.3
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XYG (Benson) DOT 563, $185 installed
Speedy asks $450 fir FY ???
Crystal -$340 for XYG, $100 + for PPG/PGW or Pilkington.
I'm getting tired talking to shops around Calgary, I have Pilkington on both of my cars, heavy pitted and cracked.
For 6 months here there is small, sharp gravel on the roads. Cracking the windshield is more likely than not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts