Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh, yesterday I got a rock hit and today I think the sun heat made it crack.
Anyone had to replace their windshield yet? Cost?
If it doesn't spread, I might just leave it.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Storm Trooper)
21 Posts
That one looks like you could repair it yourself...I use https://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-60000...1623367089&sprefix=rain+x+wind,aps,226&sr=8-3

Now with that said..if you are driving a limited with a heads up...I just looked up repair cost for mine..it was almost $900. About $350 of that was to re-align the camera assist.

I live in a place where there are lots of rocks being dropped by passing trucks...in other words...$$$$$$ ((arghhhh))

Hopefully you can just repair it yourself (it's super easy)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have one of those kits. I always thought you could repair chips with it but cracks were beyond help. I guess it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Storm Trooper)
21 Posts
Actually that’s what I thought too. Then I dug into the instructions and you can fix a line crack up to some ridiculous length (like 8 inches or something). I just did one one my car that had to be at least 10 inches and it’s holding fine. I am no expert but the results were good enough. Just read those instructions and go for it… no harm no foul if it goes awful then go for the replace. We are cheering for you!!

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Get a pro or watch it grow. I tried one of those kits and was good for one stone chip but the rest useless. Maybe it was the operator.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,833 Posts
I do have one of those kits. I always thought you could repair chips with it but cracks were beyond help. I guess it's worth a shot.
Cracks cant be repaired. Even Safelite wont do cracks, they just keep spreading. You either have to live with it or replace and with the HUD and cameras its close to $ 1000 any where

Replacement and recalibration quote for your 2020 Hyundai Sonata
We’ll keep your vehicle as safe as possible with our all-in-one replacement and recalibration service. Learn more
Service summary
Parts and labor
$684.99
Recalibration
$375.00
Your quote:*$1,059.99
Or we can work with your insurance
*Quote does not include tax, disposal fee or additional service options.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Interesting. I know some states have insurers offer $0 or a small $ deductible, usually as part of comprehensive coverage. In MA, most people are at $0 so getting a windshield replaced doesn't slam your wallet badly, or at all (well, at least at the time we pay for it with higher policy prices).
Anyone in MA or one of the low $ / $0 deductible states ever have to recalibrate the hud or cameras? I wonder if that is included or if you are on the hook for that separately.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had this happen on my Miata ND. I paid the lower glass deductible offered by my insurer, Progressive. However, due to the sensor package behind the windshield, the replacement was over $1,000. Due to the cost, Progressive turned it into a regular claim instead of a simple glass replacement, unbeknownst to me. So now, when I shop insurance, I have a claim on record.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts