Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a 18 Tuscon SEL. Has anyone had an issue with their windshields? No matter how much I clean it or replace the blades I still have an oil spot on my windshield, this is on my husband's 13 Tuscon as well, just not as bad. Mine is half of my driver side window I have used dawn dish soap and even bought rain X windshield cleaner. I'm at a loss and I am really tired of buying windshield wipers that only last a few months. The truck is only a year old I have put 4 pairs of wipers on. Just wondering if anyone has any tricks could it be a film from the manufacturing plant. not sure if I'm the only one having this issue?

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I suggest you have the dealer look at it. It may be a defect in the screen. Windscreens are laminated glass and it may be a defect in the laminating film.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just a thought...some contaminants can be really hard to remove from the glass with usual cleaners. Against my better judgement last year, I bought a can of bug & tar remover to try to tackle some tar splatter...didn't work for that of course, but I ended up using the product to clean the windshield. Spray on generously, scrub the glass with something safe but more aggressive than a towel, and rinse away (rinse the paint of any overspray as well just to be safe). Probably the cleanest glass I've ever had. That should remove Rain-X as well, which is not easy to remove (nor worth applying to a windshield, imho). I've not seen or heard of any issues with the glass itself, but being a laminated product I suppose defects like this are possible...if you're positive it isn't just external typical grime, get it replaced.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hyundai uses soft glass windshields. They chip and pit faster than any other vehicle I've owned. That and the soft paint that also chips unless you only drive local are really the only issues I have with my '16 Limited. Since the updates and my driving techniques, even the DCT is a non-issue 99% of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts