Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Elantra Sedan Limited. The far right control knob for the direction of airflow does not work anymore. A few months back int would make a short strange noise when switching from the feet or head to defrost, etc. Then is stopped working last month and now it only blows air to the head area. Is there a cheap way to fix this? My brother who is a parts manager at a Ford dealer says it is most likely a faulty switch inside and a dealer only item that costs 630 bucks. Any ideas? Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you do indeed need a new climate control knob panel, do not fear.

I looked it up on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

This site will allow you to search salvage yards all over the USA and Canada.

I searched for A/C Heater Control in the drop down menu for a 2008 Elantra. In the next menu I chose Rotary Knob style, but there are auto climate examples as well it looks like.

Bazillions of them available all over the place for well under $100, many under $50. 31 pages of them. For example, I'm in Kansas City and there is one listed locally for $35.

Don't sweat the dealer only $600 price tag. Easy to get a control assembly in great shape for cheap. For $35, I'd probably just go ahead and swap the control panel out if you said it was making a funky noise for a while prior to no defrost. Pretty low risk venture. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Hyundai Elantra...I was away for 3 weeks and on my return my car needed to be boosted...The next thing I knew, the AC, defrost, heater and wipers did not work...The fan is blowing well on all different levels (1,2,3,4) but all in the same position...I turned on my wipers and couldn't turn them off...could this be fuses or breakers or something more serious..
Thanks
Claire

·
Registered
10 Posts
cwillbond, I also have the 2010 Elantra Touring SLC and had similiar electrical problems but it effected my headlights as well. Hyundai dealer was able to fix it by replacing the Control Module located in the engine compartment. Sorry I can't tell you how much as mine was free due to dealer warrantee. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts