Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See attached pic of top corner (driver side) of the windscreen. Looks like a partial failure of the seal. It hasn't fully penetrated so no leaks, but worth a warranty claim.

I've had the car nearly 5 years and this fault, plus corrosion on the windscreen wiper arms (warranty also), are the only problems so far.

Windscreen I10.jpg

Windscreen I10.jpg ,

·
Registered
953 Posts
See attached pic of top corner (driver side) of the windscreen. Looks like a partial failure of the seal. It hasn't fully penetrated so no leaks, but worth a warranty claim.

I've had the car nearly 5 years and this fault, plus corrosion on the windscreen wiper arms (warranty also), are the only problems so far.

View attachment 442752

View attachment 442752 ,
Crikey, I think you need to edit the post, about a 3 mile walk to the bottom of it to reply!

I'd report that for warranty but I'm wondering if that is in the laminated glass , not the seal? I can't see the bead of sealant reaching out that far? I could be mistaken

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response.

Sorry about the post - when I was entering the text I had all kinds of problems. I also had a pop-up indicating problems with the website!

Yes, it could well be delamination, in which case it should be covered by warranty. I'll post the results of my visit to Evans Halshaw next week.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer had a look and has requested Hyundai approval for warranty replacement of windscreen and corroded wiper arms.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warranty replacement of windscreen and wiper arms approved. Very happy with this as warranty runs out in about 9 weeks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Windscreen, front wiper arms and high stop light assembly (which incorporates the rear screen wash) renewed under warranty.

The only charge to me was fitting new front brake pads at £94.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh the old brake pads again they have to claw something back don't they. Should be perfect now well done for getting it done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts