Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good source for them? Amazon doesn't come up with anything that fits and I'm not paying $100+ at the dealer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Seems to be a good selection on Ebay. Just make certain they are for the Grande/LWB. I am not even certain though if there is a difference between the two models: Sport and LWB.

2013 hyundai santa fe window deflectors | eBay

I think you should get these "chrome" ones.:)

Chrome Door Window Vent Visor Deflector for 13 Hyundai Santa FE Sports | eBay
Pretty sure the rear doors are different. Anything with the part number 94534 is for the Short Santa Fe (SFS) from what I can tell.

Holding out for in-channel type for LWB.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Anyone have a good source for them? Amazon doesn't come up with anything that fits and I'm not paying $100+ at the dealer.
Thanks!
I'm not sure what product the dealer is selling but I'm pretty sure it's not an OEM Hyundai product.

Rain guards were mentioned in the Think Tank in December. A very loose quote from memory is " .... SFS rain guards are in final approval and should be available in early 2014 and will retrofit a 2013MY....", what's early "14 is anyones best guess.

I realize you've got the LWB but the door's don't appear to be very different from a SFS, however that's from my highly trained, technically oriented, backyard engineered 56 year old eyeballs .. :blink: .. and he can't remember if he had his cheaters on. You might want to wait or call parts to see if they've got any new information, once you've had rain guards you can't live without them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just want to ask for your opinions. I have the six piece window visors for my xl (LWB). I just want to ask if you think my window visors look better with or without the chrome trim to match around the windows? I have attached two pics, one showing the driver side visors without the chrome trim and the other pic of passenger side visors without the chrome trim.

Attachments

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
I just want to ask for your opinions. I have the six piece window visors for my xl (LWB). I just want to ask if you think my window visors look better with or without the chrome trim to match around the windows? I have attached two pics, one showing the driver side visors without the chrome trim and the other pic of passenger side visors without the chrome trim.
I think those look great

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Personally, not a fan of the chrome period, including my XL, but it's there.

Nevertheless, in the first picture, I find it looks like the chrome abruptly ends where covered by the visors. It seems "aftermarket", or not intentionally designed because the stop point just doesn't make sense. In the 2nd picture, the chrome continues so the visors are less obtrusive.

So my vote is go with the option where the chrome is NOT covered.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the running boards! Someday I hope to add a set to mine as well!

Personally, not a fan of the chrome period, including my XL, but it's there.

Nevertheless, in the first picture, I find it looks like the chrome abruptly ends where covered by the visors. It seems "aftermarket", or not intentionally designed because the stop point just doesn't make sense. In the 2nd picture, the chrome continues so the visors are less obtrusive.

So my vote is go with the option where the chrome is NOT covered.
I agree with this assessment. It looks better and less like aftermarket with the chrome showing all the way around. I'm considering the "In Channel" set so that they look more integrated, but I am not sure if that will cause any damage to the seals in the tracks (in case I ever remove them).

·
Registered
222 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the running boards! Someday I hope to add a set to mine as well!

I agree with this assessment. It looks better and less like aftermarket with the chrome showing all the way around. I'm considering the "In Channel" set so that they look more integrated, but I am not sure if that will cause any damage to the seals in the tracks (in case I ever remove them).
Thanks for your opinions. I will go with the chrome trim to go around, as I think it looks more OEM. I was just debating because without the chrome, the windows seem a little bigger looking.

The running boards get used daily for me because I have two younger kids that need the extra boost everytime they climb in.

As for the in channel visors, I have heard it might increase some wind noise after some time as it presses against the window seal.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thanks for your opinions. I will go with the chrome trim to go around, as I think it looks more OEM. I was just debating because without the chrome, the windows seem a little bigger looking.

The running boards get used daily for me because I have two younger kids that need the extra boost everytime they climb in.

As for the in channel visors, I have heard it might increase some wind noise after some time as it presses against the window seal.

I have the Weathertech visors on my car and we have the same visors for our SF as yours Grant, but I'm debating to get the Weathertech now because it will give us more gap to open. Also with Weathertech, the front portion that runs vertical on the front window will have the cover whereas the visors we have now it's completely open. This is just my opinion and most likely I will go with the Weathertech visors soon. GL with your trim and remember to post up pics for us to see :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2021 Santa Fe Limited 2.5T
343 Posts
I just installed the Weathertech #84725 set of rain guards on my 2014 SF LWB. Its a 4 piece set and installs into the window channel. No tape. I like it better that the stick on ones.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I just installed the Weathertech #84725 set of rain guards on my 2014 SF LWB. Its a 4 piece set and installs into the window channel. No tape. I like it better that the stick on ones.

Very nice, I'm actually waiting on mine to arrive hopefully next week from Weathertech.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2021 Santa Fe Limited 2.5T
343 Posts
Pictures

OK I finely got some pictures of the WeatherTech rain guards
for the 2014 Santa Fe LWB.

The pictures don't show very well but the rain guard on the front doors goes
down to the door chrome piece at bottom of window.

As said before, these go into the window channel with no adhesive tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
They both look great but I like the chrome trim

·
Registered
23 Posts
With those that owns the Weathertech window visor, anyone noticed any increase in wind noise?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts