Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has installed window vent visors on their 2011 Sonata's, yet? If so, could you share where you purchased them and how you like them?
I have the Radiant Silver SE model and was wondering how the chrome visors would look vs. the smoke black? I'm afraid the chrome will look too "ghetto".
If anyone has pics, please reply.

:liebe011:

·
Registered
123 Posts
are those the little plastic pieces on the door so you can leave the windows down a bit, but still be protected from rain and the like?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Here you go. These are Hyunai Vent Visors from the dealer up here in Canada. Was purchased with the car and installed by dealer. Hyunai did a good job of making them sleek looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Souks @ Aug 23 2010, 10:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351503
Here you go. These are Hyunai Vent Visors from the dealer up here in Canada. Was purchased with the car and installed by dealer. Hyunai did a good job of making them sleek looking.

Thanks Souks! Appreciate the pics. I think they look pretty sleek.

:eek:fftopic: I guess we don't have such distinguishable taste as MUFF. (I mean ssmuff...)

·
Registered
854 Posts
I don't care for the look of it but it can be functional if it's raining and you smoke with the windows down. You don't have the windows down for any reason in Florida unless you; 1. have no ac or 2. you are a kid blasting your music.

What is the reason you guys put it on out of curiosity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had them on my last vehicle and I liked them. They came in handy when it's raining and you wanted some fresh air and not air conditioning. I put them within the same category as a wind deflector for your sunroof. (personal preference, i guess)

·
Registered
123 Posts
while those in the pic look pretty good, i don't think they follow the lines as well as they could. I know that form follows function, but still. i would like them to look a little different.

ohwell. not bad

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yep I got them for function rather than looks. Had them on the old car and they are extremly handy on days where it's raining or snowing but not cold outside that you can bring in some fresh air. Also great to help keep the windows from fogging up on those days. I know some visors look really out of place but Hyundai did a good job with these.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like the visors for a couple of reasons--a little fresh air while its raining or snowing without getting wet--and they are great in the summer because you can leave all your windows down a crack when you are not in the car and people walking by cannot notice they are down because the visors hide the gap, maybe keeping the drivers window down an inch would make the 2011 door shut better by eliminating the vacuum. just my 2 cents, I really cant say for sure as i drive an 06.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Also noticed on my old car that the visit cut down on wind noise too. Not sure on the sonata as the car was delivered with them on so want able to experience it before and after

·
Registered
689 Posts
^^ 2 year bump lol

I dont really like how they look tbh.

·
Registered
56 Posts
seems like a viable option for those (like myself) wit no sunroof :-\

·
Registered
44 Posts
Auto Zone carries the style that mounts inside the window channel and is more flush to the contour of the car. This is the type I'm going put on my Sonata.
My car sits in the sun for 9 hours every day while I'm at work. I work in a concrete and brick warehouse, Air Conditioned, with no windows so it is impossible to know when a afternoon storm comes up. I've walked out to damp car seats more than once, or had to run out and let my windows up in the rain.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like the Weathertech inchannel visors. After installing these I don't think I will ever use the stick on kind again.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i am not a big fan of these... look too bulky and tacky for me

plus, living in LA I would never, ever leave my windows down while parked, even an inch. Even in a secure garage...my last car got stolen. f that noise

1 - 20 of 34 Posts