Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sonata SEL Plus W/ Tech Package
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys!
I just got my black 2021 Sonata and living in FL it is very hot so I want to get some tint on ASAP.

Curious which panels I should tint - definitely the 4 regular windows + big back window, but what about the moon-roof? (I actually think the moon-roof is already tinted)?

Any other recommendations/things I should know for tint?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
'21 Limited, "18 Limited, "15 Limited
479 Posts
I live in Northern VA and I have a 2021 Sonata Limited. It's black and having the windows tinted is a must for both looks and coolness (temperature wise). Since Virginia has laws on how dark the front side windows can be, I wanted them to be consistent all around so I had to go a little lighter in the back. However, I did not get the moonroof done and I can't wait to go back to get it done. IT IS A MUST. Yes, the roof has some tint but trust me, it is NOT ENOUGH. I will be getting it done within the next month or so and it (moonroof) will be pretty dark.

If you like riding with the moonroof tilted open, the dark roof panel must be open. It cannot be closed with the moonroof tilted open. Since it is all automatic, there is no way to get around it. This means LOTS of SUN when the moonroof is just tilted. Of course when it is fully opened (slid all the way open), the sun will beat down on you.

So, short answer, YES! Get the moonroof tinted as well.

Reactions: jdwarren

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
i'd get the front windshield tinted before the roof. and i would get the highest infa red rejection possible for the car. oh, wait

·
Registered
21 Sonata N Line
25 Posts
I'm also in Florida, will be getting the sides and back tinted only. Can't be bothered with the glass roof part. It's there to star gaze after all lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got mine tinted 35% on the side and back, darkest legal in Hawaii, clear on the windshield all ceramic tint but my tint guy didn't do the pano roof because the rear glass (the one that doesn't move) extends past the opening and he didn't want to mess up the headline with his tint solution, getting it wet and possibly causing staining.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
152 Posts
I have my car done with 20% on the sides and rear with 50% on the full windshield. All ceramic. Kept the leather bearable on this 102 degree day. I've thought about tint my pano glass as well. But I was thinking of doing 5%, but I like to keep the shade open at night and in the early morning, and I feel like it would be too dark. If you like letting the light in, I'd look into the clear ceramic tints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts