Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both rear window regulators are broke and have them propped up with wood on my 2000. On EBAy I can get the regulator mechanism without the motor for about $20.00 my motor is working, I can hear it but would this assembly work? And is it difficult to remove the assy ?

·
Registered
626 Posts
What exactly are they selling you on ebay? I have see replacement cords but have my doubts about whether that would work. In my case the steel cord had imbedded itself around the mechanism and motor and wrecked it. You can get the mechanism out ok and have a look to see if it is fixable. You must have already taken the door panels off to prop the window up; I think the mechanism comes off by undoing a few bolts; my son took his off and he's not very experienced. As they are only rear windows though, I wouldn't bother myself.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Looks like you get the whole regulator and motor assembly on eBay for $55 shipped. Most seem to be for 96-00 Elantra, which is strange. It comes out easy enough, just some arranging of square pegs in round holes to put it back in. Never had one apart, can't tell you if you should just buy the motor assembly or go with the regulator only.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've done several of these on other makes. Save yourself the headache and get the whole assembly. It's very easy to do. Use 1/4 deep sockets with extension. You'll find there are access holes by positioning the window just right. Hold the window up blue painters tape. Be sure not to over tighten the bolt (s) on the glass. And make sure you correctly reconnect all wire plugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts