Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Having a window regulator issue on my 2007 Sonata GLS.

About a month ago my front drivers side window wouldn't go up all the way, but right before it failed it was making this cracking/crunching sound when going up, then it just failed a couple of inches from the top.

So I ordered a new drivers side regulator and the passengers side as well, cause that side might be going soon is my guess.

Replaced both and the drivers and passenger sides with the new regulators and now the drivers side works and feels like new. However the passengers side seems worse, goes down a little slower than before and goes up way slower than before. I have noticed one side seems to go up before the other, in other words the passenger window is now not going up evenly, which maybe causing a cracking noise towards the top. As if it's showing signs like the regulator is failing.

But it is a new regulator. I am thinking I should remove it and inspect it closer and maybe even spray the tracks down with lithium grease or silicone grease. If that doesn't work reinstall the old one.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,118 Posts
I love that old saying....if it ain't broke, don't fix it :wink:

The glass isn't going up evenly so it sounds like the glass hasn't been secured to the regulator properly.
I'd suggest loosening the glass securing bolts again (don't fully remove them) and make sure the glass is fully inserted into both securing clamps. Then retighten the bolts and retest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure I secured the window into the brackets, even more so on the passengers side because I specifically remembered I didn't push down on the window to ensure full seating into the brackets when I did the drivers side. But I will take apart and redo it and retest it.

You mentioned the old saying about if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You are right the passengers side wasn't technically broken yet, however it was starting to show signs of failure much the same as the drivers side. The drivers broke first because it's used much more often than the other.

Also didn't want to deal with it failing in the middle of winter, so I decided to be proactive and replaced it at the same time as the drivers.

Thanks for the advise though I will try that.

·
Registered
882 Posts
always spray track wire with silicone grease. If the wondow is not at proper position, the run channel may grab the window too tight. Loosen the window bolt and push the window back and forth until both sides feel free. I don't recommend to lube the run channel, if the rubber fails you may get whistling noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts