Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty frustrated to know that my barely 5 year old, 62,000mile 2016 Hyundai Tucson driver front window and passenger front window decided to give out a few days of each other. I learned that the regulator is made from a cheap mold plastic, that looked like mill dust and falls apart to the touch. I mean my dogs plastic toy is of better quality. After reading forums and consumer complaints, it is not an uncommon problem. The hardest pill to swallow was how expensive the replacement part was >$600 for both + plus labor. I spent $1k for two window regulator replacement. (not even a glass replacement)
After spending time on hold with Hyundai Consumer Affairs to find no end solution except open a claim...I encourage any other frustrated Hyundai owners with the same situation to take the time to file a complaint regarding this poorly designed manufacture piece, perhaps with time a re-call will be initiated. I can only now await in fear, when the next window regulators will fail me.

Frustrated in Florida

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dang...and just outside you're 5/60 warranty window. Sorry that happened to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts