Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2008 Sonata. I hate stuff like this. The owner's manual says, of the "Window lock" feature:

In order to prevent operation of the passenger front and rear windows, a window lock switch is provided on the armrest of the driver's door.
OK, but when I use the window lock, it disables all power windows, including the driver's. So... Is it just a misprint? It matters to me because I like using the window lock to prevent my daughter from messing around with the windows.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It may be a misprint, but it does the same thing on mine... disables the drivers side too. DUMB!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK maybe I'm going nuts. The other day it did lock out my driver's window. Today, it didn't. Huh?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I have never seen a car that locked out the driver's window. I'd suspect there is an issue with your master window switch that is causing the lock out signal to 'leak' over onto the driver's side switch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an 08 and my drivers side has never been disabled while the other windows are locked. Might be worth getting checked out if you use the window lock a lot.

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (umdoldschool @ Dec 12 2010, 12:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378990
I have an 08 and my drivers side has never been disabled while the other windows are locked. Might be worth getting checked out if you use the window lock a lot.
maybe a dealer change change the setting. when i 1st got my car the doors did not lock automatically when i started driving but they were able to change a setting and now it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts