Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The windows on my 2010 have started to do a hard bottom. There is a window relarn reset procedure. But it will soon if not immediately start to hard bottom after a couple cycles.

So all told me it needed a new window module. Found a great deal on an OE one from Amazon at ~$70 shipped. About half price.

The module is easy to change with only a few tools. But the rubber bumper stops were gone. Appeared to have dissolved due to the white grease they used.

One side has a top and bottom stop, the other just a top with a rubber lined holder to catch the bottom.

Old ones

And new ones.

Pretty easy to change.

Tools needed:

Phillips screwdriver
10mm socket and extension or nut driver. The one bolt that holds the glass is pretty tight.
Small pick
needle nose pliers
Torx T20

With the window up.

Take off the plastic piece over the side mirror base.

Take the inside horizontal weatherstrip off. It just lifts up.

There are two phillips screws to remove. One under a rubber pad in the base of the door pull cubby. The other is behind a plastic piece behind the door opening lever. Use a hooked pick and start in the lower rear part to pivot that one out.

Then it's just push pins. Stat at the bottom and work around. Disconnect all the connectors.

Take off the motor, three T20 torx screws. Behind the motor is the plastic drive gear. That pulls off too.

There is a plastic cover over the door pull cables. It pops off and the cables come out.

The manual says to remove the outside door pull and lock but I did not see the need. It takes a 8mm nut diver to remove the bolt that is behind a plastic plug near the door key lock.

There are two rubber plugs located at the top one one each side. These line up with the window track. The one on the rear of the door has a bolt that needs removed. You should see it with the window up. Take this one 10mm sized bolt out and then pull the glass up, in front first then pivot and pull up the rear of the glass. It will have some resistance as there is a plastic and steel piece sandwiched over the glass where the bolt that you just took out is secured.

There are 10 10mm bolts holding the steel module in. Then it just pops off.

Use the needle nose to remove the wire loom clips.

Reinstall in reverse.

My new module came with the windows stops at the mid point. So you have to reinstall and then plug in the loom to raise the window up so the bolt holes line up at the top.

Before putting the motor drive gear on smear some of the excess white grease from the motor on the gears.

The cables all looked fine. I have seen new door bottom bumper stops when I was looking for the module, CarID I think, but do not know if they specifically fit the Gen Coupe.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
In a nutshell all you'd need to stop the hard stop would be some kind of rubber cushion to replace the original ones. I would say a common issue across most of the Hyundai range, i know for the Elantra/ touring/i30 2007-2011 series either the plastic clips would snap and then the rubber stop would perish. In all mine I get a hard stop both ways cause the cushion has disintegrated , bit like the steering coupler that perishes

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put three size 203 orings on the post that is the actual stop. Don't know how they would hold up. But easy to find and replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts