Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Since I have no AC, I am looking at these for driving down the interstate in the summer:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct...OptChoiceIds=59

Window deflectors for the 2010 model. I was wondering if any of you knew if it would fit the 2011.

Also, I have never used this kind of product before. Does anyone have any thoughts to share on window deflectors in general? Are they noisy at high speeds?

Much Thanks!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Aren't those used to prevent water from getting in the car when it rains and the windows are down?

Anyway, I've never found them nice on any car, as useful as they may be. I have a something against black plastic parts you put on cars (hood deflectors for example).

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I had em on my 99 Accent, only use is you can have the window open a inch in the rain, no other use really, not even less wind noise....
Waste of $ and aerodynamics..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have these exact ones and they greatly reduced the noise of air at high speeds with the windows down. I think they do this by letting less air in though so not sure why you'd want them if you are trying to keep cool... They also reduce your visibility, especially at night.

I like mine a lot though. They're best used in the summer to keep your car vented while parked. If a sudden rain monsoon pops up your car will remain dry while others sprint to roll up there windows, or return to a 110 degree car.

And of course as mentioned in the other thread, they attach up inside the window, so they don't look tacked on, and you don't have to worry about adhesive failing.

·
1,565 Posts
I had some on my last car, I loved having them because when it rains in VA, it rains for weeks. I didn't like the look though, that's why they aren't on my Accent. I say if you don't care about (or actually like) how they look, they are worth it. But the aesthetics kept me from getting them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just installed the 2010 Weatherguards.

I think they look pretty good on a black accent, but i can see where they wouldn't on other colors.

I tried them out on the interstate about 60-80mph and it didnt seem to be any quieter than without them.

Oh well, they look cool.

and it will keep the rain out.

thanks for everyone's input.

·
1,565 Posts
It does look good on the black. Nice job! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I really like my side window visors :)
Looks good, and serves a purpose(rain, wind and heat)

I REALLY dislike how they make the A frame pillar seem twice as wide. :w00t:
Really restricts your view... I find its the biggest issue when downtown making left hand turns.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Mogal @ Jan 24 2011, 02:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=394051
I REALLY dislike how they make the A frame pillar seem twice as wide. :w00t:
Really restricts your view... I find its the biggest issue when downtown making left hand turns.
Yeah, that is a downside... Pedestrians always try to cross when they don't have the right of way when I'm turning left and I don't see them in my blindspot. I make sure you blast my Hella Supertones at them, so they know my lack of corning vision is somehow their fault :trophy: Also, with the visors, that way you can crack the windows while you're driving, so after you beep at them, you can add a witty anecdote like "Imma run you ova" :trophy::trophy:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (deanmeon @ Feb 4 2011, 04:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=398459
OP, What was the installation process of these window deflectors?
It's very easy. You literally just stick them in your window well up top between the weather seal and the glass.

On another note, I've noticed a lot less wind flying directly in my face when i'm cruising with the windows down. Worth the money right there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts