Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw something about this a while ago as a lurker, but I can't find it so I decided to register and ask:

How do you remove the window crank ('03 hatch manual windows)? I want to replace my speakers and I can't figure out how it comes off. I have heard that it's difficult and I'd rather not break anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
there's a clip that holds it in. Auto-parts store have a cheap tool that you slide in to easily remove it.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by sopclod@Apr 17 2007, 08:04 AM
I saw something about this a while ago as a lurker, but I can't find it so I decided to register and ask:

How do you remove the window crank ('03 hatch manual windows)?  I want to replace my speakers and I can't figure out how it comes off.  I have heard that it's difficult and I'd rather not break anything.  Thanks.
[snapback]83500[/snapback]​

try a thin rag between the handle and the round spacer , as your pullling down rock the rag back n forth. it should inlock the clip and then pull the handle off. may take a few tires and repositiong the rag. i think when i did mine i had the handle pointing up and the rag goes inbehind the handle then between it and round spacer

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
Going to cut them off with a dremel and order normal ones from ebay.
That's a bit extreme.
In what way are your winders not normal?
What method are you using to try and remove the securing clips? I find a rag works well on Hyundai winders. The normal ones anyway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is my second Accent. The first one I tried rags till I turned blue. Then tried to hook them with bent wires till I turned green. Then I bought the metal removal tool (and slightly bent the two prongs up). It worked but ruined both of my door panels.
Now my newer Accent (2009) has the same window cranks on it and I want to replace the speakers without ruining my doors. I have two new generic window cranks on order from ebay and when they come in I will try to grind a slot across the spline area until they break in half. Will keep this forum posted on the results.

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
I worked as an AUTOSPARK in a Hyundai dealership and had to remove window winders every other day and I never experienced any problems. I would jam a mutton cloth down behind the winder then crank it. The securing clip would hook into the cloth and the crank would pop off....simples!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts