Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
[attachment=22109:th_2sgn082goodpost.gif]

l am not sure where is the best place to put this as it broadly applies to many models, but for now l will move it to the 'important topics' section inthe accent forum

Attachments

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
That tool does not work with the Accent manual window handle... Piece of coat hanger with small short hook on end does..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tried the cloth thing, but couldn't get it to work.

Went to Autozone, and bought a univeral crank removed for $5.99
was done in 2 seconds... and saved me from days of frustration at that time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The rag trick does not usually work with Hyundai because the horseshoe clip ends are short and do NOT stick beyond the circumference of the post like other cars. I think Hyundai did this on purpose.

You will need a crank tool which has the slot just wide enough to go over that post and push the clip out. I used a Doorman tool and filed the narrow slot by about 2mm to fit over the post and push the clip out.

I wished Hyundai used a more traditional type of horseshoe clip.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The crank removal tool did not work for me . I used the folded t-shirt ( 4 layers of cloth ) and it worked for me , not instantly but it works .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have tried everything except setting it on fire. I think I am going to split it down the middle with my Dremel grinding disc and replace them with the Universal aluminum ones with the set screws.

·
Registered
12 Posts
AHAAAHA.......I got one off!!!!!!!!!!! I used the universal clip removal tool. I bent the two prongs up approx 1/8 inch. The trick is to keep applying pressure while TURNING the window crank. Killed many brain cells figuring this out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also the slots for the clip are cut into the cranks shaft in the direction of the shaft. So, the clip can only be in one direction or the other in the length of the crank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts